PDA

View Full Version : Simple question to those with royal blue or regular blue...

Shade
09-30-2006, 09:17 AM
Not to long ago I e-mailed the creators of balance of power asking which kind of blue that the padawan uses and they said that it was cyan due to the blues not showing up very well during duels, so I would like a second opinion. Do you think they show up just fine during duels and that they might be wrong?

Lord Maul
09-30-2006, 11:08 AM
so, are ya back into the saber game or still working on you MAME project shade?

SilentBob501
09-30-2006, 11:51 AM
Shade, you have to remember that the guys doing BOP are on stage under lights. They have to take that into account. Now, as far as the Royal Blue showing up during dueling, I can give you a first hand guarantee that under normal indoor conditions, and night time outdoor conditions, it glows quite brightly. My friends and I dueled extensively outside in a parking lot under parking lot lights and all the blades were very bright. I had a 3w green, a 3w royal blue, and a K2 white w/purple Lee filter, and they were all glowing with the same intensity. And from the looks of the people in passing cars, I would say that they all showed up very well during deuling.

Shade
09-30-2006, 11:56 AM
Good opinion and view SilentBob! That really helps make sense of the whole thing. To LM, I actually could do neither, my uncle started to have financial trouble with his cancer bills piling up and since he can't go to work I had to try and give him every dollar I could. He's doing okay now though, so since I have a lot of free time on my hands again, I decided to get back into the luxeon tech stuff. Maybe I'll save up some money again and finally buy a saber.

Novastar
04-11-2007, 04:03 PM
I only just now saw this post.

For the record, Shade must have mis-interpreted whatever I said. Here are the facts:

1. There were no royal-blue sabers used in BOP I. There was no reason for that... we just didn't use those LEDs.

2. A "blue" saber was used, and it was one of a more darker blue (closer to the Royal blue wavelength).

3. You can clearly see that all of the blades show up fairly "even" in terms of brightness in the footage.

I realize this is an old thread, but I didn't want anyone to get the wrong idea.

As a matter of note, the character of Alexandra Novastar in Balance of Power Episode TWO... will be carrying a royal blue saber. :) Created by myself... a hybrid Mace FX with a TCSS emitter... I love it. Dani (Alexandra) loves the saber too. :)

LAN-ED-TUL
04-18-2007, 09:58 PM
well for my wifes new jedi costume i wanted her to have a fancier lookin hilt, so i went with a mace FX. i think its a lil fancier lookin to me, at least. i converted it to a RB luxeon with tims parts.

in a darker area, it shows up really well, havent really tested in a more lit up area or daylight or anything like that. but lets say, the parkin lot thing, depending on the night daylight thing, should show up good, of course we know its not the brightest of the 3 watt leds.

but thats the shade of color she wanted, so she got it. gotta make the wife happy ya know, gets her off my back for the almost 3 grand in my vader, lol

Novastar
04-19-2007, 01:03 PM
Royal Blue is an awesome color.

Dani Cox, the 12-year old gal playing "Alexandra Novastar" in BOP II loves the saber I made for her...

Again, I want to DISPEL anyone's erroneous posting about myself or any of my team talking smack about any Luxeon LED. The original poster must have heard what he wanted to hear.

I MIGHT have said to him that royal blues are NOT measured in lumens because their lumen "count" is so low... so I could see the mistake... but geez. lol @ "the BOP people are right, royal blue is not bright"... hey! I never said that!!! heheheh ;)