PDA

View Full Version : some short basic questions

VitreXx
02-22-2013, 06:49 AM
Im up to build my first saber and decided to use nimh's cause i never worked with li-ion before.

i want to use PC 2.0 .. if i do so i wont need any buckpuck or resistors for the led because the board will regulate the current?

which led kit would u recommend? luxeon rebel star or seoulP4?

Do u think its possible to run speaker,PC2.0,led and a illuminated switch with 4 AAA or 2 AA nimh's (would use this because of the batteryholder-speaker set) or should i use li-ions instead?

VitreXx

Forgetful Jedi Knight
02-22-2013, 11:40 AM
Im up to build my first saber and decided to use nimh's cause i never worked with li-ion before.

i want to use PC 2.0 .. if i do so i wont need any buckpuck or resistors for the led because the board will regulate the current?

which led kit would u recommend? luxeon rebel star or seoulP4?

Do u think its possible to run speaker,PC2.0,led and a illuminated switch with 4 AAA or 2 AA nimh's (would use this because of the batteryholder-speaker set) or should i use li-ions instead?

VitreXx

First, welcome to the forums.

To answer your questions...

1. you will not need a buckpuck or resistor for the MAIN LED, if you use accent LEDs, you will need them.

2. Rebel stars are pretty good nowadays.

3. You would be better off with a Li-ion pack in the long run.

VitreXx
02-22-2013, 12:07 PM
ty
is there smth special to know about li-ion usage?

Silver Serpent
02-22-2013, 01:16 PM
Be sure you only use a li-ion charger to recharge them. Don't use any other type, or you risk Bad Things(tm).
If you're not comfortable building your own li-ion battery pack, there are several preassembled packs available in the store.
If you want to recharge the batteries while they're still inside the saber, you shouldn't use the battery holder. The battery holder is fine if you want to remove the batteries before charging.

VitreXx
02-22-2013, 04:06 PM
ok
i will use the 18650 pack now and order the li-ion recharger too, will see how its works with a recharge port :)

now i'm just not sure about which led module i should buy... many guys wrote smth about using the luxeon..

which of them (seoul p4 and rebel star) is brighter or gives better color? (normally.. i know that no led is like the other ^_^)

Forgetful Jedi Knight
02-22-2013, 05:08 PM
ok
i will use the 18650 pack now and order the li-ion recharger too, will see how its works with a recharge port :)

now i'm just not sure about which led module i should buy... many guys wrote smth about using the luxeon..

which of them (seoul p4 and rebel star) is brighter or gives better color? (normally.. i know that no led is like the other ^_^)

You might want to make sure you can FIT an 18650 pack into your hilt first. ;) Luxeon Rebels are good LED's

Silver Serpent
02-22-2013, 06:06 PM
The Seoul P4 and the Rebels are both good LEDs. The Rebels tend to have a lower voltage requirement, so I recommend them for Nano Biscotte installs. But you can use either one with the PC 2.0.