PDA

View Full Version : Staff sound and power with a Nano Biscotte

SophiannaKatan
02-11-2013, 12:25 PM
So I'm working on designing a single piece staff for a future character - figured I would get a head start on the design work.
My goal is to have the staff powered by 18650s, with kill switches for each of the LEDs (so I can power one, and maybe use it as a long hilted saber).

My main concern is that I typically use single 18650s to power single LEDs, and I know the Nano Biscotte provides a significant voltage. SO I guess it's two fold - does anyone have any tips on wiring up a biscotte in a staff, and is there a way to wire the nano biscotte so it could work with the dual LEDs?

I know the pulse on clash ought to be okay, as should the motion tracking. I expect wiring the speaker will be fun.

-- Sophie

Silver Serpent
02-11-2013, 12:51 PM
Wire up the NB as normal. Connect both LEDs in parallel to the NB, and install a latching switch on either the pos or neg line of your secondary LED. You'll be able to ignite either blade 1 alone, or both blade 1 and blade 2 with that setup. You will not be able to ignite blade 2 on its own. That may not be a problem, but I'm letting you know just in case.

SophiannaKatan
02-11-2013, 01:00 PM
... And wire the batteries in Parallel right? I would likely end up using two 18650s for this build for duration purposes.

Wiring it that way actually sounds a bit better then how I had it mapped in my head.

Silver Serpent
02-11-2013, 01:30 PM
Correct. If you're using two 18650s with a Nano Biscotte, you don't have a choice, you NEED to wire them parallel. The NB will blow up if you try to feed it 7.4v from a series wired pack.