PDA

View Full Version : R.I.C.E. not talking to my comp.

KaiWinVortiss
02-09-2013, 08:57 PM
so i'm having a problem being my first build

1. my led and sound do not work at the same time, sound works but when i add my led, the sound turns off without a power off sound...

2. i have a momentary switch as my activation switch and a second for my aux switch the aux works great, but the activation switch only turns it off for a moment then it ignites again

3. i bought a R.I.C.E. port and cable from TCSS and i hooked it up acording to the diagram as per the users manual and its not connecting to my comp i downloaded the R.I.C.E. program from TCSS but to no avail

please help!!!

Kevin Starwaster
02-10-2013, 08:26 AM
so i'm having a problem being my first build

1. my led and sound do not work at the same time, sound works but when i add my led, the sound turns off without a power off sound...

Need some clarification, what do you mean when you add the led? The led should already be wired in when you power on the board. Or do you mean when you turn it on? Are the batteries fully charged?

2. i have a momentary switch as my activation switch and a second for my aux switch the aux works great, but the activation switch only turns it off for a moment then it ignites again

The board needs to be configured to work with a momentary switch. Once the RICE port is working properly you can configure it that way or you can edit the file manually. Your board manual will explains what all the config file settings do, but for your convenience, set the switch variable to 2.

3. i bought a R.I.C.E. port and cable from TCSS and i hooked it up acording to the diagram as per the users manual and its not connecting to my comp i downloaded the R.I.C.E. program from TCSS but to no avail

You may need to install the drivers for the cable. Is it Windows or is it a Mac? If Windows, check Device Manager. A new serial port should appear when you plug the cable into your computer. If not then you need to install the drivers. Check the store page for the cable, it will have the download link.

Another possibility is that you have the style 1 RICE port which has a grounding issue. If you have that port then wire the ground pin to battery pack negative.

KaiWinVortiss
02-10-2013, 12:58 PM
ok so i downloaded the driver for the R.I.C.E. (I do have style one though its not in the hilt yet still testing everything before i cram it in my hilt)

new set of problems

1 to clarify the LED problem I mentioned before I have everything wired up except the main LED when I pull my kill key out the start up sound goes off and the ignition sounds
if I attach the LED before I pull the kill key there is no sound at all and the LED doesn't turn off when I press the activation switch.

I have tried switchin to the "momentary switch" on the program and theres a beep it shows the date i last updated and then the start up sound but the momenary switch does not work how I would like it to (press-on press-off)

KaiWinVortiss
02-10-2013, 01:13 PM
scratch the switch problem i figured that out lol

have to press red before i press save to sb

Kevin Starwaster
02-10-2013, 03:49 PM
ok so i downloaded the driver for the R.I.C.E. (I do have style one though its not in the hilt yet still testing everything before i cram it in my hilt)

new set of problems

1 to clarify the LED problem I mentioned before I have everything wired up except the main LED when I pull my kill key out the start up sound goes off and the ignition sounds
if I attach the LED before I pull the kill key there is no sound at all and the LED doesn't turn off when I press the activation switch.

I have tried switchin to the "momentary switch" on the program and theres a beep it shows the date i last updated and then the start up sound but the momenary switch does not work how I would like it to (press-on press-off)

Just pulling the kill key shouldn't trigger anything other than the bootup sound. If you're hearing the ignition sound as well and/or the blade LED lights up, that would happen if switch=0 (in the configuration file) AND you have a momentary switch. (switch=0 means that the board is expecting a normally closed switch and would therefore ignite when the switch is open)

The first thing that comes to mind when you say that the LED and sound is not playing together is not enough power from the batteries.

So, are your batteries fully charged? If so and you're still having that problem then we need more information about your build. What kind of battery pack are you using, what kind of LED and post pics of your wiring so someone can check if it's miswired somewhere.

KaiWinVortiss
02-10-2013, 04:18 PM
well not I have the board configured for my momentary switch as for my components I'm working with;

a Petit Crouton v2.0

LED Engin LZ4 10 W multi color (set up for amber)

MHS speaker and 4x AAA battery pack

with two led ring anti vandal momentary switches

R.I.C.E. port one (i insulated it to it wont make contach with the hilt and grounded it on the board so far so good)

2.1 mm recharge port

I got everything from TCSS

my thought was not enough power but would that cause the led to run on its own without activation?

I will post pics when I can

Forgetful Jedi Knight
02-10-2013, 04:21 PM
No, it sounds like you do not have your switch set to 2. Either that or you have a short somewhere making your LED go on (you may need to look at the LEDEngin itself. ;)