PDA

View Full Version : First Build - Need Help Badly

ghambleton
02-05-2013, 08:15 PM
OK - Trying to get togther parts for my 10 YO Son's Birthday. Here is what I have...

Screw on LED blade holder style 9
Sledholder9

8-32 x 1/2" thumb screw
8-32Vthumb

7" Fluted with standard style switch hole
Shilt1F

MPS Pommel style 5
MPS5

MPS insert style 12
MPSI12

MPS Clip
Cclip

Build Your Own Seoul P4 Electronics Kit•4AA Battery holder
•Seoul P4 (Blue)
•Collimator Lens 5° viewing angle
•3.3ohm 5w resistor
•(Switch03) Push on/push off switch with black button
•Seoul P4 Lens Holder
SeoulP4Kit

LED "Corbin style" Show blade 1" OD (32 inches)•** Double Wrap
•** Standard
Corb1Show

1/8" Adhesive lined heatshrink tubing
1/8Adhesive

Tap handle
Taphandle

What am I missing?

Boj-Vaati Mau
02-05-2013, 09:57 PM
Welcome to TCSS ghambleton! Have you read this all the way through this thread http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?10752-Basic-Saber-Build-list-of-parts (http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?10752-Basic-Saber-Build-list-of-parts), followed and read the threads posted therein, read teh stickies in each topic, and done quite a bit of research on your own? All of this is invaluable to your understanding of this hobby. There are things you're missing but you may have those on hand already. Your current parts list looks good and should get you through this first build.

Silver Serpent
02-05-2013, 10:00 PM
When ordering your blade holder, don't forget to check the box for the New Style V2 heat sink. I see you have a tap handle. Don't forget to get a tap with that. I'm assuming you want the 8-32 for your blade retention screw.

Zzan
02-06-2013, 12:04 PM
I would order a thermal tape pad to hold the LED to the heatsink and make sure it stays connected to it. Heat is the LED's enemy.

One side is really easy to peel the other can be a pain in the butt, just remember that it needs both sides of backing peeled off so that both sticky sides are exposed.

I usually stick the "easy" side to the LED then peel the more difficult backing off and then stick it down on the heatsink (already have wires threaded through heatsink and soldered to the LED when I do this)

Thermal paste like you would use on a computer CPU to heatsink/fan assembly works too, just don't put too much on.