PDA

View Full Version : NB Format Sd Card Fails again and again?

redeyejedi
01-30-2013, 09:09 PM
Hey guys, I'm tired of messing with these SD cards. I have downloaded the Darkmeat sound font from p-labs to test out changing fonts on my saber.

1st I formatted a 4GB sd card about 4 times and it did not work. Then I realized a 4GB is to big for the nano biscotte.

Next I formatted a 1GB sd card and it still does not work. I unzipped the wav files, formatted the sd card, followed the instructions, searched the forums, and have not been able to figure out what the problem is.

When I put the card in the board and pull the kill key I hear a terrifying sound that's like a dying droid farting through a blown speaker...every time.

I'm afraid I'm hurting my board and don't want to purchase any additional fonts until I can successfully get the damn SD card to work in my saber.

Do I need a specific brand of SD card?
Does it have to be 2GB only?

Any help or input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
01-30-2013, 09:18 PM
I would try Sandisk cards. You also may want to make sure you fully format it, as opposed to a quick format, and make sure you format it in Fat or Fat 32

You also may want to look at the card reader/ adapter. I vaguely remember Erv' saying that he had heard of issues with some, though I don't remember which one.

redeyejedi
01-30-2013, 09:25 PM
Thanks. I formatted fully and used both FAT and FAT32. Problem is all the Sandisk I found at stores are 4GB. Dude at Radioshack said they're going to stop making anything smaller than 4GB.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
01-30-2013, 09:30 PM
You can use Windows to partition it down to 2GB OR less.

redeyejedi
01-30-2013, 09:33 PM
ok. Cool. How do you do that?

redeyejedi
01-31-2013, 03:05 PM
Since I needed to get a SanDisk brand sd card, I just ordered one from the shop with Darkmeat already on it. I'd rather support tcss than some other retailer. When it gets here I'll play around with formatting again and see if it works.

Crystal Chambers
01-31-2013, 07:13 PM
I'm no expert on soundboards but to be sure I'd double check that everything else is soldered correctly and cleanly.

redeyejedi
01-31-2013, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the input. Always helps to double check.

redeyejedi
02-09-2013, 05:40 PM
Update: I was able to format the SD Card I ordered from TCSS no problem. Must have just been the wrong size or bad brand before.