PDA

View Full Version : PEX resistor question

CGompertz09
01-24-2013, 12:18 PM
I've been looking into upgrading my saber with a Tri-rebel in order to add FoC, and as I was looking at the PEX description I saw this "NEW : Now with embedded SMD 2512 resistor footprint. Saves space when using the Power Xtender™ to drive the Flash On Clash ™. Use with 2 watt 2512 thick carbon film resistor."

So do you only use that type of resistor now and don't need to calculate the values for one to drive the Clash die? FYI, I plan on using a Tri-Rebel Royal blue/Royal Blue/White, (White for the FoC) and also upgrading the battery to the 1050mAh 14650 pack. Any advice/tips on wiring these would be appreciated! :)

Forgetful Jedi Knight
01-24-2013, 12:34 PM
I've been looking into upgrading my saber with a Tri-rebel in order to add FoC, and as I was looking at the PEX description I saw this "NEW : Now with embedded SMD 2512 resistor footprint. Saves space when using the Power Xtender™ to drive the Flash On Clash ™. Use with 2 watt 2512 thick carbon film resistor."

So do you only use that type of resistor now and don't need to calculate the values for one to drive the Clash die? FYI, I plan on using a Tri-Rebel Royal blue/Royal Blue/White, (White for the FoC) and also upgrading the battery to the 1050mAh 14650 pack. Any advice/tips on wiring these would be appreciated! :)

Essentially what that means is that you can use a SMD resistor (though you still have to figure out the value that you'll need), instead of the old cylindrical ones that Tim sells in the store. Wiring SMD resistors can be a bit tricky if you're not use to doing it. You can still use a "traditional" resistor if you prefer to. ;)

Ty_Bomber
01-24-2013, 12:36 PM
Did you decide against silver? I saw Link build a silver blade with a tri rebel rb/rb/w. it turned out great. I will be doing the same on an upcoming build, but i will be using a resistor. I will need to reread what it says on the power extender, but i think that means there is a place to wire the resistor on the extender itself, which is cool I guess. I don't know how much space it will save, but we will see!

Edit: fjk beat me too it, and with better info.

CGompertz09
01-24-2013, 12:50 PM
Sweet, thanks for the info guys! And Ty-Bomber, I still plan on doing a silver with the tri-rebel, but that will be on my next saber that I hope to build this summer :)

Ty_Bomber
01-24-2013, 12:56 PM
It will be a silvery summer then. I have a build on the bench i hope to finish this summer too. Fyi, he ran the blue and silver in series both at the same amperage (I want to say 1.5amps). Hope that helps.