PDA

View Full Version : MHS Chassis Questions

Kyaryo Ysoyav
01-23-2013, 12:06 PM
I'm just about to order a sound card and I would like to use the MHS chassis system to secure it in my saber as well as my 7.4V 1600ma battery back. Are there any good pointers about what to get for a chassis (Please note that this is my first saber build)? Do they typically run the full length of the saber, or only until they can rest up against the switch? I have a switch box in mine (style 13), and the chassis probably only needs to run to the bottom most port. Anyways, any good pointers from those who have used them before?

Thanks again!

Xevious
01-23-2013, 12:21 PM
I have only used Disc #4 to build a two-rail chassis on the disc (with the speaker holder at the other end), then screw it down into the body just below the choke/ribbed section.

I'm also be curious to see how the resident veterans have built theirs.

Silver Serpent
01-23-2013, 12:39 PM
Minimum length for a chassis is however long you need to hold your components. Maximum length is whatever will fit in the saber. There's so much variation in chassis designs, it's hard to say what is "typical" for a chassis.

Xevious
01-23-2013, 01:03 PM
Minimum length for a chassis is however long you need to hold your components. Maximum length is whatever will fit in the saber.
Yeah, right now, I'm shooting for a maximum length of what'll fit inside a 4" section without running into the threads, so maybe ~3"? I have the shorter 3.7V battery for that, and if it works, I can basically drop that chassis into any saber design in the future.

Kyaryo Ysoyav
01-23-2013, 09:46 PM
Yeah. I'm looking for about 5" myself. I'll post pictures when I get it built. Thanks for the help!