PDA

View Full Version : Ive got a problem!

SilentBob501
09-25-2006, 12:20 PM
OK guys, maybe you can help me figure this out. My MHS saber with Luke sound and quick connecter all the sudden stopped working. One day i turned it on and it was fine, i waved it around a bit, then all the sudden it made a strange sound (like a tv robot powering down) and it winked out. I thought maybe a battery came loose, so i opened it up and the batteries were fine. I tried replacing the batteries, nothing. I took all the tape off the wires and check the connections, even resoldered a few just in case, but to no effect. Sometimes when i turn it on there will be an audible click from the speaker but thats it. Please, if someone could point me in the right direction id really appreciate it.

james3
09-25-2006, 12:32 PM
Was the board wrapped or cased in someway?

Sounds like the board may have made contact with the hilt.

SilentBob501
09-25-2006, 01:10 PM
Well it was wrapped but even if made contact with the hilt, when i took it out it shoudve worked. But anyway, i resoldered some more wires and I got the light to come on now, but still no sound, and as far as I can tell the speaker wires are attached ok, the only thing i can think of is maybe one of the wires is broken inside its rubber tubing, but i dont know. Any thoughts?

james3
09-25-2006, 01:29 PM
It is possible to fry a board by shorting it out on the hilt. Do you have a meter to test the continuity of the speaker loop?

Make sure that there is a solid connection to the board. It doesn't happen often but if a wire starts to get loosefrom the board that will be a hassel.

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sabers/scripts/lukesoundwiring.jpg

I admit I am a little lost on the rubber tubing thing. Are you talking about the speaker?

Lord Maul
09-25-2006, 02:32 PM
the wire plugs that go into the white clip come off. make sure they are all down all the way and turned right

Madcow
09-25-2006, 04:51 PM
I don't know how your speaker is attached, but there are tiny exposed wires on the outside of the speaker - are they making contact with the pommel or body of the saber?

MC