PDA

View Full Version : Adding Parksaber elec. on/off LED to Luke ROTJ sound board

simi
09-24-2006, 11:39 PM
I'm hoping that somebody can help me with a wiring problem I'm having. I'm trying to solder one of Parksaber's electronic on/off switch to a Master Replica's Luke ROTJ sound board. There are 3 wires that come from this switch, a green, blue, and red wire. Does anyone have any idea where to solder the wires on the sound board? I have the diagram posted on here for the wire description of the sound board and also used trial and error but I cannot seem to get the right combination.

james3
09-25-2006, 04:44 AM
Welcome simi.
Do you have a multimeter? Or is there a way you could provide a picture of the switch? I am guessing that with three wires the switch lights up when on? One lead should go to one switch wire and one lead sould go to the other switch wire. The 3rd wire will most likely go to battery negative or positve depending on how the MR board interrupts power.

Again, with a meter you could just tone out the wires that open/close on switch and then your good to go.

simi
09-26-2006, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the quick reply, unfortunately I do not have a multimeter. The switch does light up and I have actually gotten it to work where the switch is illuminated and does turn the electronics on and off but as soon as the switch is wired to the sound board the sound stops working. I have tried many different wiring combinations using the switch wires and positive and negative from the battery and that was my best result. I am converting am EL Parksaber Defiance to LED for a friend of mine in Germany. I thought the hard part would be something else as opposed to this. I have a picture of it but I cannot figure out how to upload it on here. Yep, I'm batting a thousand! This is the link though. http://thecustomsa.web133.discountasp.net/forum/album_pic.php?pic_id=10

james3
09-26-2006, 08:17 PM
Gotcha. I would guess that in order to get that light bar to work you will need to get the power from the battery pack instead of the FX board. If memory serves me right the switch wires are just an interupt for one side of the power to the board. have you tried hooking up the led wire to the proper side of the battery pack and then used the other wires for the switch.