PDA

View Full Version : PC2 Wireing diagram 1st draft

MKnight
01-17-2013, 01:25 PM
Ok i have not calculated the resistor values yet as i just wanted to get the wireing done and checked first. please rip to bits :-D

Also i will be wireing the quad in parallel but cant get that all on the diagram as im doing it through the holes. and will be putting a resistor on the red :-) in using a BBRW quad.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
01-17-2013, 01:43 PM
Ok i have not calculated the resistor values yet as i just wanted to get the wireing done and checked first. please rip to bits :-D

Also i will be wireing the quad in parallel but cant get that all on the diagram as im doing it through the holes. and will be putting a resistor on the red :-) in using a BBRW quad.

OK, it looks pretty good. However, I don't see an aux switch wired, which would be a good idea to have if you want to take advantage of all the PC's features. ;)

I'll trust you to wire the Quad Rebel properly. :D

MKnight
01-17-2013, 01:55 PM
That AUX switch is a bone of contention atm :-D as i cant decide on one.... (argh)

Thanks i tried keeping this as basic as possible the RICE port i will defo add its simple, unsure about the ALT leds. maybe later :-D

Silver Serpent
01-17-2013, 02:03 PM
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Black-momentary-switch-P558.aspx is a nice, small, and inconspicuous switch. You can easily install it most anywhere in the saber.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
01-17-2013, 02:04 PM
That AUX switch is a bone of contention atm :-D as i cant decide on one.... (argh)

Thanks i tried keeping this as basic as possible the RICE port i will defo add its simple, unsure about the ALT leds. maybe later :-D

Deciding on one is on thing, planning for it is another. Remember - if you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

MKnight
01-17-2013, 02:12 PM
Remember - if you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

Hmmm wong about me, you are..! make you proud, I will... :-D

MKnight
01-17-2013, 02:32 PM
I want a small one, with lights :-D but one that runs flush.... hence the contention....

Forgetful Jedi Knight
01-17-2013, 02:41 PM
I want a small one, with lights :-D but one that runs flush.... hence the contention....

Uh-huh.

MKnight
01-17-2013, 02:55 PM
Uh-huh.

Its not going to happen is it...? been looking for days now.. :-/

Forgetful Jedi Knight
01-17-2013, 03:15 PM
Its not going to happen is it...? been looking for days now.. :-/

For you, for now... I'm going to say, probably not. :cool:

And besides, if the switch sat flush, and was small, hard to push it would be, hmmmm?

And I haven't even gotten on the HOW you would mount it part...

MKnight
01-18-2013, 11:51 AM
And I haven't even gotten on the HOW you would mount it part...

Yea i was stuck on that, you would have to mount it on a internal frame but that would then cause more fitting issues... i think im going for that switch..!

Forgetful Jedi Knight
01-18-2013, 12:35 PM
Yea i was stuck on that, you would have to mount it on a internal frame but that would then cause more fitting issues... i think im going for that switch..!

Which switch? The one you haven't been able to find in days?

GOOD LUCK! :twisted:

MKnight
01-21-2013, 05:36 AM
OK on a serious note i have calculated my resistor values below:

As im running the other main leds Royal Blue x2 Rebel Red x1 with the PC2 driver im a bit perplexed as:
============================
Red Main led (luxeon Star)
Source voltage 7.4
Diode forward voltage 2.5
Diode forward current (mA)700 mA
=4.0 Watt or 8.2 ohm resistor?

But does the PC2 set my forward voltage? (i assume yes.. so above is wrong???) so im driving at 1000mA for the royal blues with a forward voltage of 3.0 so do i just need to minus the value of the 3.0V 2.5fv 700mA = 1W, 1.2 ohm resistor for the red...?

White FOC led (luxeon Star)
Source voltage 7.4
Diode forward voltage 3.25
Diode forward current (mA)1000 mA
= 4.7 Watt or 4.7 ohm resistor?

MKnight
01-21-2013, 05:43 AM
Which switch? The one you haven't been able to find in days?

GOOD LUCK! :twisted:

no the one suggested in the post :-D

Forgetful Jedi Knight
01-21-2013, 07:24 AM
OK on a serious note i have calculated my resistor values below:

As im running the other main leds Royal Blue x2 Rebel Red x1 with the PC2 driver im a bit perplexed as:
Red Main led (luxeon Star)
Source voltage 7.4
Diode forward voltage 2.5
Diode forward current (mA)700 mA
=4.0 Watt or 8.2 ohm resistor?

But does the PC2 set my forward voltage? (i assume yes.. so above is wrong???) so im driving at 1000mA for the royal blues with a forward voltage of 3.0 so do i just need to minus the value of the 3.0V 2.5fv 700mA = 1W, 1.2 ohm resistor for the red...?

White FOC led (luxeon Star)
Source voltage 7.4
Diode forward voltage 3.25
Diode forward current (mA)1000 mA
= 4.7 Watt or 4.7 ohm resistor?

OK, The PC will determine the voltage necessary for the main colors - no resistor needed. That's part of the beauty of the board.

As for the FoC, it's a 2 step calculation (one to determine the Ohms, one to determine the wattage needed), and the closest resistor would be a 4.7 ohm, 5W resistor.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
01-21-2013, 07:26 AM
no the one suggested in the post :-D

Ok, those are good little switches. :D