PDA

View Full Version : Mace Mindu blade

Droptopfiveo
01-06-2013, 07:53 PM
I purchase my wife her second lightsaber from a guy on craigslist. The Saber is a Master Relica Mace Mindu. The guy I bought it from informed me that the blade has some light spots (LEDs blow??) in the blade. Other than that the saber is in pretty good condition. I actually got the saber for $30.00 so I figured this is the perfect project saber. Before I make any decisions on what to do I need some education. Below are questions I have.

1. Is this a common issue with the MR Mace Mindu saber?

2. Can I purchase a new blade with Led, if so, where?

3. Is there a video or instructions on how to do this?

4. Is there a better blade than the original blade?

5. The volume seems a lot lower than the one in here Darth Vader FX Saber is this normal, if it is how can I increase the volume?

Thanks in Advance.

Ari-Jaq Xulden
01-07-2013, 10:52 PM
1. Is this a common issue with the MR Mace Mindu saber?
It is common on all MR sabers that have been dueled with to the point of them being made to go out due to destructive force.

2. Can I purchase a new blade with Led, if so, where? Sometimes they can be found at a rather famous auction site. Although it could be converted with parts sold here.

3. Is there a video or instructions on how to do this? Yes. Learn to use the search key as you will not be spoon fed here, but as everybody gets one, Instructions (http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?994-05-MR-Mace-Windu-Done-amp-kits-available).

4. Is there a better blade than the original blade? Yes Thicker more durable blades are sold here, also same thickness trans-white blades that do not require a diffuser as the MR blades do. This would also require you to convert the led as well. It should be noted you will lose the blade animation but gain the ability to remove the blade should you opt for this solution.

5. The volume seems a lot lower than the one in here Darth Vader FX Saber is this normal? Yes

5B How can I increase the volume? You can't. Those boards are set, sorry.

nartules
01-08-2013, 02:37 PM
If you do go about replacing the LED string blade option, for a Single LED, you could then replace the board with a Petit Crouton Sold through this site. That would probably do a lot to solve your volume issue.

Duff Man
01-08-2013, 04:12 PM
I am not familiar with this Character Mace "Mindu"? :D

ARKM
01-13-2013, 02:38 PM
Mace Mindu is Mace Windu's evil tap dancing twin, that did not make it into the prequels. All his scenes went on the cutting floor. George Lucas absolutely loved the tap dancing scenes but all of his yes men finally said "no" and after physically restraining George Lucas and using a taser on him, he finally gave in... and so those scenes were cut. Come on man, everybody knows that.