PDA

View Full Version : My next hilt build: For the Jedi attuned to nature...

etujedi
01-06-2013, 09:22 AM
So after my first saber I knew I was hooked. I've decided to make a new one that was smaller for a one handed style but long enough to use two hands if needed. I used suede cord for the hand grip for a nature themed saber. Something a "Use every part of the animal" type of nature Jedi would have.

I'm waiting on my parts from TCSS, which should be here tomorrow! Im trying to decide where to put the switch, side or bottom of the pommel, as this could be used as a shoto saber. The saber will have a shorter blade as well for easy one handed use. 81668167816881698170

Jabbas_reluctant_slave
01-06-2013, 04:27 PM
Pretty sweet dude. Seems like there has been alot of hardware sabers latley.

jedimastergarcia87
01-06-2013, 08:41 PM
I would do the switch on the side like just above the pommel. That would look good. Just a suggestion.

MandoJoe
01-07-2013, 06:33 AM
Either way would work, though if you put it on the side, above the pommel, it would make for easier access if you wanted to reverse grip it.

Greevar
01-08-2013, 10:30 AM
I hate to be the wet blanket, but I don't think this is really a nature theme here. I don't think killing an animal, taking its skin, and wrapping it around your weapon really counts as "attuned to nature". Jedi are peacekeepers, not hunters. Killing for personal gain is against their code. They seek to preserve life. It's a fine looking pipe saber nevertheless.

MandoJoe
01-08-2013, 02:35 PM
True, but a Jedi's gotta eat, right? Maybe he/she had no choice. Maybe the kill wasn't for personal gain, but for survival.

I also hate to be a wet blanket, but there's not anything in the Jedi Code that prevents a Jedi from killing for personal gain. It's more about inner peace, harmony, and self control. Like any religious/semi-religious text, it all depends on how you interpret it.