PDA

View Full Version : Parts List for what I want to be my first MHS saber...help?

Jado 13
12-29-2012, 09:38 PM
1. Either 7" Fluted with standard style switch hole or Hilt style 1 with standard style switch hole, whichever one you guys think will work better with Grip Style 2.

1-1. IF 7" Fluted with standard style switch hole, then Main Body Powder Coating (DFS2), color US Blue.

2. Screw on LED blade holder style 12, with MHS "new style" Heat Sink V2.

3. Blade Holder Powder Coating (B122), color Brilliant Brass.

4. 1.2" Double Female.

5. Double ended male threaded connector style 1.

6. Adapter Powder Coating (DME1), color Wet Black.

7. Ribbed grooved / Choke Combo.

8. Extension Powder Coating (RGC4), color US Blue.

9. Pommel style 3 (the pointy one).

10. Grip Style 2.

11. Rebel Star LED & MHS Heatsink Module, with Luxeon Rebel Star (Blue).

12. SPST Push on/off - Mom switch with black button.

13. Covertec Clip.

14. Collimator Lens 8.7 deg viewing angle.

15. Luxeon Rebel Lens Holder.

16. MWS Pre-Wired Petit Crouton Sound Module V2.0 (Dark Meat).

17. LED "TCSS style" Battle blade 1" OD.*

*What is the difference between Clear Standard and Clear Bullet Shaped? Is one generally considered better than the other, or is there much of a difference at all, in quality or purpose?

A few more questions...

WHAT ON EARTH IS R.I.C.E.™ (Real-Time Internal Configuration Editor™) ???
Is the Collimator Lens 8.7 deg viewing angle really the better of the two available lenses for the LED I have chosen, or should I choose the 5 deg ???
Are there any whole components, necessary ones and popular optional ones, that I have overlooked? i.e. Resistor stuff, other wiring, sound stuff that isn't included with the module I've chosen that's required to get it to work, stuff that's required to get all the components of my saber to work, etc.
What should I do for power supply/batteries/power charging, etc?
Which DO you think will do better with Grip Style 2? (see number 1 at top)
Anything else?

Jado 13
12-29-2012, 09:38 PM
oops didn't attach full saber pic

sorry

amwolf
12-29-2012, 10:03 PM
I would think to go with the Main body style 1, since you'd need to order the milled cutout service for the grip 2's. How many, where, and how long, you'll have to tell Tim. I would see the fluting as redundant, but could be cool if you had the grips milled into the space between the flutes for some distinct positive/negative space action. Up to you. That lens holder is fine for the Rebel. Don't forget to set the switch type in the config file on the Petit Crouton to the momentary switch setting. Personally, I like the rounded blade tips vs the bullet ones; it's an aesthetic choice as far as I'm concerned. RICE has a separate port, and allows you to change the config files without having to remove the SD card from the saber, so it may be easier to use that if you've got the sound card in a tough to access place. You do not NEED it otherwise.

Oh, you don't seem to have a speaker or holder listed. Also, you need a second momentary switch to access the full functions of the aux sounds of the PC board, if you want those. Look at the manual for more information. And some sort of 7.4v battery back and a recharge port of they've not removable.