PDA

View Full Version : Taking apart the FX Obi-Wan

Jedibum
09-22-2006, 02:01 PM
Hi everyone! I have been searching through the forums but I haven't been able to find anything about this.

Has anyone done this that can post what the steps are to getting it apart?

xwingband
09-22-2006, 02:14 PM
Nope, you won't find ant because no one has posted it yet. Maybe someone like Tim or Ultra can chime, but otherwise not to many taking it apart yet.

Jedibum
09-23-2006, 04:17 PM
I did it! I finally got it apart. It's similar to the Luke ROTJ.

Take off the covertec button, then remove the activation box (it comes apart just like Luke's ... carefully pull of the gold part on top ... then undue two screws ... the box should come off easily after that). You have to remove the switch and push the wires back inside. Then unscrew the Emitter ... this may be on very tight, but keep trying ... it does unscrew. Once you get that off you will see a locking pin in the blade ... remove this pin. Now you can push all of the insides out through the bottom. It took me a while ... it was a very tight fit but everything came out. Then there are a couple more pins you have to push out to remove the blade.

But now that I have solved that problem I have another one! lol I took out the sound card and the speaker because I want to use it in an MHS hilt I am putting together to look like Obi-Wan's. But after getting everything out I noticed it is a different sound card than Luke's. Other then the wires that would hook up to the LED, there are only 5 wires total ... 2 are blue and they go to the switch or button ... that leaves a Brown, Red, and Black wire connected to the sound board. The Speaker has 1 Brown and 1 Yellow wire. So right now I can't figure out how to re-hook up the speaker! It appears to me that the Black and Red wires on the sound card go to the Positive and Negative wires on the battery pack ... but that leaves only 1 Brown wire on the sound card ... and right now I have no idea where the yellow speaker wire goes! I tried hooking everything together with the yellow speaker wire not connected to anything and of course it does not work. So if anyone has any idea how to hook this thing up please let me know!!!

xwingband
09-23-2006, 04:31 PM
If I get exactly what you are saying then the yellow should go to the positive battery lead like a lot of the MR boards. The Luke is the odd one that it has two speaker wires... but with the 6AA pack it can fit more pins. I also just pulled apart my Vader battery pack last night and I believe the speaker used a brown and yellow also.

Jedibum
09-24-2006, 12:07 AM
Thanks X-Wing! You saved me! I was afraid to do anything with it out of fear of causing something bad to happen, but I tried what you said and it works great! :)

Meridian
01-05-2007, 01:04 AM
Are the wires in the Blade plug the same as the Anakin etc...

Purple and Grey (+)
Brown, Red, Yellow, Orange, Green and Blue (-)

Just wanted to know before I tear one apart :wink:

Lord Maul
01-05-2007, 04:22 PM
i would assume so, it is a three cell just like the ani and vader. wouldn't they make them all the same :wink:

xwingband
01-05-2007, 04:37 PM
They haven't bothered to change boards before... I have no reason to believe they would bother now. :lol: Even if it isn't it doesn't take more than a few tests to figure it out.

You looking for a new source for your graflex sabers meridian?

987654321a
01-05-2007, 05:23 PM
what board did they use for the obi wan?

xwingband
01-05-2007, 05:30 PM
It's the same sounds as the Ani so in all likelyhood it's exactly the same board. They kept it in production and just started putting it in a new hilt.

elrond.406
01-05-2007, 05:35 PM
Lazy MR

987654321a
01-05-2007, 05:54 PM
thats stupid.!