PDA

View Full Version : Official Build

jedimastergarcia87
12-14-2012, 04:28 PM
So as you all know I was going through options for my saber build. I got it finally. My mom even likes my idea. Here is what the main hilt will look like. In the 3 inch section upper grip there will be a guarded red MWS latching switch, red thumb screw on the side for decorative purposes, 36 inch tcss trans white battle blade, red rebel star led module, mws 4 AAA standard battery pack, its all going to be MWS basically aside from the resistor which is 5.6ohm 10w resistor. I will also be getting the MHS sleeve because I have a shroud idea I will be doing. Forgot to ask, since I will be doing shroud, what screw size will I need that'll be best? Thanks for the final question and I hope you like my idea and build. Should be getting everything here soon. =]

jedimastergarcia87
12-14-2012, 04:29 PM
Also I should put that my saber is inspired by Darth Plagueis beastly hilt. Couldn't find a picture of his whole saber with the pommel so I just made it up. Oh and a crimson trim ring will be between the upper grip and adapter for a more evil Sith look.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
12-14-2012, 06:43 PM
Good luck on your build. As for the screw question, it should be about 1/4" long since you will have to go through a MHS piece and sleeve material. As far as what head type, that's up to you. A set screw would show the least.

jedimastergarcia87
12-15-2012, 12:17 AM
Okay thanks. I will probably do one in the middle and one just above the screw on the lower shroud and one on the upper shroud.

Crichou31
01-15-2013, 05:16 AM
Good luck on your build:)

Jordandau
01-15-2013, 09:57 PM
Honestly I'd rethink your battery solution a bit. Reds generally need about 2.9V, your pack is twice that! You could get away with a 3AA pack, or the best option in my opinion is a single lithium ion battery solution. That way it'd be rechargable as well.

The Yin
01-16-2013, 10:26 AM
Honestly I'd rethink your battery solution a bit. Reds generally need about 2.9V, your pack is twice that! You could get away with a 3AA pack, or the best option in my opinion is a single lithium ion battery solution. That way it'd be rechargable as well.

Or, If you already ordered the 4 AAA battery holder, you can get 4 NiMH recharables for it and run the saber off of 4.8v and have the money-saving power, and convenience, of rechargeable.