PDA

View Full Version : Wiring with the Nano Biscotti and battery chassis Disks? Space for wires?

sammcloud2000
12-10-2012, 07:45 PM
I have been surfing the forums for a couple of days now using the search option and covering countless topics. A lot have come close but the main thing that I need to know is the wiring needed to be done the the little board. Space is my main concern, can the wires run outside the disks? Or will I have to modify the disks by cutting out that small bar that separates the battery from the board but leave just enough to keep the two in place. Almost like the disks for the bigger PC 2.0 board? I want to purchase everything at once but this is my dilemma. Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thank you all.

Xevious
12-10-2012, 07:53 PM
On the one edge that has all the solder pads (let us call this the "front"), there is enough room to install and solder the wires in situ, if you are careful.

For getting wires out the back, there is just enough room adjacent to the SD card holder to run a couple of wires (again, in situ if you are careful.)

If you need to access the 3.3V pad in the middle of the board (e.g.: accent LED), you can run at least one 28 gauge insulated wire through the front (topside).

You cannot run wires around the disc -- there's really no room. But yes, the discs work nicely if you are careful. The trick is to have the majority of wires run in one direction and have only a couple that run the other way.

sammcloud2000
12-10-2012, 11:11 PM
thank you for the reply many thanks. Alright that's cool. What if you took the concept of the discs with the PC 2.0 board and battery? There there is no middle section that divides them completely but there is just enough plastic to hold the two together. I would also re-enforce the holdings with hot glue if need be. The recharge port kind of puts a damper on things that's where the other wiring comes in. Maybe I am just worrying about nothing.

I also came along an Ultrafire 14500 that can do 1200MA at 3.6 volt. I could still keep the the new speaker and battery combo with using a dummy cell and then wiring all great. What do you think?

Strydur
12-11-2012, 12:21 AM
I can sell you a 14500 that says 3600mAh on it but just like that Ultrafire it will be nowhere close to it. :)

Xevious
12-11-2012, 07:11 AM
You could probably drill a hole above the cutout for the pcb if you need to run extra wires, or just widen the existing hole with a Dremel.

sammcloud2000
12-11-2012, 09:38 AM
I can sell you a 14500 that says 3600mAh on it but just like that Ultrafire it will be nowhere close to it. :)

Not quite got what you meant by nowhere close to it. Do you mean the power would be lacking still? Or do you mean nowhere close to it as in room or space consumption?

Kevin Starwaster
12-11-2012, 02:10 PM
Not quite got what you meant by nowhere close to it. Do you mean the power would be lacking still? Or do you mean nowhere close to it as in room or space consumption?

He's just saying that the manufacturer stated capacity is usually higher than what you will get in reality.

sammcloud2000
12-11-2012, 04:31 PM
Thank you for the knowledge. I have gotten all the parts needed for my new saber and will be solving riddles and trying to make a Nano Biscotti Chassis walk through with MHS parts. Through teaching others, your own answers come clear and solutions solid. Will take time but it will be worth it.