PDA

View Full Version : ultrasound 2.0 Board and K2 short help?

sammcloud2000
12-10-2012, 03:55 PM
Hello I have had my saber for quite a while now and am just wondering, I have had to make a few connections stronger on the board but they look good. The K2 flickered and would flicker a little bit after and now nothing. Just looking for the knowledge. Everything works except LED. Is it the board itself or fried LED. Picture below.

Lord Dottore Matto
12-10-2012, 04:00 PM
I don't "see" anything wrong with it. Do you have a voltage meter so you can test the LED pad output? Another way is to hook it up to a new LED and test it that way.

sammcloud2000
12-10-2012, 04:38 PM
No I don't have a meter but I know a seoul P4 should work because the LUX 3 setting and the green seould P4 are same at MA 1000. Made it modular so testing when the supplies get here will be easy. Just quirky, had it running like a dream today and now nothing. Kind of reminding me of an old car someone should get rid of. I am just thinking of the shorts that could have happened but the wires couldn't touch because I super glued around them just for that protection. I appreciate your response thank you.

Almost tempted to start clean and try out that new Nano Biscotti Board with an awesome chassis set up.

Lord Dottore Matto
12-10-2012, 04:44 PM
Not a bad idea. Maybe time to Nano this baby. Starting clean is never a bad idea. I would test that LED driver first with the new LED and go from there.

sammcloud2000
12-10-2012, 04:50 PM
Yeah only time can tell. May invest in a volt meter just to make sure now. Thanks again.

sammcloud2000
12-15-2012, 09:00 AM
Yep board fried. I don't have the smarts to trace it. Replaced led nothing. Even replaced the wiring still nothing. Oh well get to try new things now but still a bummer. Reason for another new NB board he he he :-).