PDA

View Full Version : Luke A New Hope Saber conversion

Nebiru
12-07-2012, 07:50 AM
I'm thinking of buying a Hasbro Force FX Luke, A New Hope removable blade lightsaber and was wondering if there are any conversion kits for it. I see there are conversion kits for most of the other sabers, but there seem to be none for the Luke Episode IV blue removable blade lightsaber. If there are none will there ever be any made? Also, I see the Anakin Skywalker ROTS lightsaber looks very similar to the Luke Ep IV saber. Would the Anakin ROTS conversion kit fit/work in the Luke Ep. IV lightsaber?

Lord Dottore Matto
12-07-2012, 02:12 PM
THe Anakin will NOT fit. You could shim it if you like (I have done so).

Nebiru
12-07-2012, 07:04 PM
THe Anakin will NOT fit. You could shim it if you like (I have done so).

Sorry mate. Do you mean that I can make the Anakin ROTS conversion kit fit in the Luke Ep IV saber if I customise the anakin one by, eg: sanding or grinding it down to size to make it fit?

Jay-gon Jinn
12-07-2012, 10:44 PM
no, he means you'll have to add slim strips of metal or some other material to take up the space between the inside of the saber and the outside diameter of the kit in order for it to fit. The Anakin conversion kit is too small to fit in the Luke ANH saber.

Ronny Rection
04-13-2014, 09:55 PM
Jay-gon, are you able to provide a visual aide for the shimming? Luke's ANH saber is THE saber I've been wanting, and now I fear that without some super gerryrigging it shan't be possible!

Jay-gon Jinn
04-14-2014, 04:12 PM
Jay-gon, are you able to provide a visual aide for the shimming? Luke's ANH saber is THE saber I've been wanting, and now I fear that without some super gerryrigging it shan't be possible!No, I do not, as I never converted one of the Luke ANH FX sabers while trying to use a kit that wasn't designed for it.

I have done a few of them while retaining the original plastic blade socket, but I'd have to dig for the topic that covered it.

Silver Serpent
04-15-2014, 04:49 AM
Check your local hardware store for aluminum foil tape. It's generally used for air conditioning duct work. It makes an excellent shim material.

Ronny Rection
04-15-2014, 01:13 PM
Great idea! Thanks, I'm gonna order my parts and I'll post the results

Jay-gon Jinn
04-15-2014, 01:45 PM

Be prepared for it to still not be a good fit....the holes and other openings in those two hilts are not necessarily in the same places, so the holes in the conversion kit blade socket may not line up on the Luke ANH properly.

Darth Obi Don
04-19-2014, 07:41 PM
Maybe the adapter for real Graflexes would fit ?
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/LED-Graflex-adapter--P221.aspx

The MR hilts are a little larger in diameter than the real thing , so it might take some adjustment.
Don

jasonh1234
11-07-2014, 11:59 PM

And?....

(I'm in the same situation)

Jay-gon Jinn
11-08-2014, 11:54 AM
And?....

(I'm in the same situation)
You may find this topic of interest: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?17052-Luke-Anh-Anakin-Rots-hybrid

Noyl Wendor
11-09-2014, 05:27 PM
Mylar tape, or sink tube (I would think) would be thin enough gauge to do a good shim. Sanding the sink tube to a brass polish, and cutting a small ring (.5" or .25") could be enough to fit that BH for conversion. I've done a similar trick to fit a metal shroud from an MPP flash to a MHS BH ;)

jedimastergarcia87
11-10-2014, 07:15 PM
Hope to see this done. =]