PDA

View Full Version : Darth Dadderall?

Darth_Dadderall
09-21-2006, 07:33 PM
So I've just learned I am about to join the august ranks of the Parenthood.

I'm going to be a father.

Holy #^@(*.

Thought you guys might like to know. In case I drop off the face of the net again. I've got a Youngling on the way.

james3
09-21-2006, 07:36 PM
CONGRATUFRIGGINLATIONS DUDE!!!!!!!!!!

THAT IS SOME FRIGGIN AWESOME WAY COOL GREAT YEE HAW BREAK OUT THE CIGARS!!!! CONGRATS DUDE!!!

EDIT-TAGS

Darth_Dadderall
09-21-2006, 07:52 PM
Lord. One reply and already Snitzed. That must be some kind of record, James. :)

TorLinWaDur
09-21-2006, 07:54 PM
darth dadderall,

congrats to the next step in life. :)

Tenric Starkindler
09-21-2006, 10:40 PM
congratulations Daddy!!!
I have three great kids (who all love SW: even the 2 year old!)

If you can be there for the birth then do it! I was with my wife for all three and it changes you! I love being a daddy (though sometimes a little less than others :wink: ).

Darth_Dadderall
09-22-2006, 05:41 AM
Thanks, all youse guys. (/bronx)

Seriously, though, I'm really excited and just a little scared stupid. And Tenric? It would take an act of God to keep me away from the birth.

My fianceé and I have determined that we're having a Geek. There's no two ways about it. Between my SW, both of our computer fixations, her music, and my food geekeries, there's no way s/he'll be able to help it.

desertscorpion
09-22-2006, 07:16 AM
Aw, you're in for some fun! I'm a daddy of an 18 month old girl. She already loves lightsabers. I think you'll have fun. Providing for them is the smallest part of the equation, though some people might have you believe otherwise. It's a great responsibility. And that's the biggie. They'll duplicate whatever you model in your life - both good and bad. Keep us updated. 8)

Darth_Dadderall
09-22-2006, 07:34 AM
Oh, HELL. I guess she's going to learn to wiggle her ears and speak in tongues when angered. Good thing I don't drink or smoke. Or date boys. Ever.

LOL. Just had that vision of me sitting at home polishing my lightsaber collection when she brings the bf home.

"You see these toys? Well, there's another one. I keep it in my nightstand. And it works. If you ever want to see it, just break my little girl's heart."

ryanlb
09-22-2006, 09:54 AM
That's awesome, congrats! I had a little girl that's almost 4 months old. She likes to look at all my toys when she's in my room, and she seems to like watching me swing my lightsabers around. I'm planning on getting one of Ultra's youngling sabers for her eventually.

It's fun, it's hard sometimes (but she's pretty much an Angel, she's only difficult on the nights she doesn't want to go to sleep), and the responsibility of raising her properly terrifies me. But it's too late now. :D

Darth_Dadderall
09-22-2006, 10:01 AM
Grats yourself, Ryan. Maybe we'll try making her a teething saber.

Madcow
09-22-2006, 10:52 AM
Congrats! That's awesome!
I work with teenagers and I can tell you that our culture needs decent fathers in a bad way! I know you'll do great!
Whatever else in life gets shelved -
GET THIS RIGHT DAD!

MC

meiv4
09-22-2006, 11:09 AM
Congrats man. make them listen to john williams music instead of that mozart stuff, you know to stimulate the brain and whatnot.

ryanlb
09-22-2006, 11:16 AM
Pfft, heck with that classical stuff, my baby listens to Depeche Mode and the Cure (when she's with me) and she's a genius already.

Jedi-Loreen
09-22-2006, 12:46 PM
What happened to the old days where people got married, then had kids? :? Are you planning to get married befor the baby arrives? I guess I'm just old fashioned. Or maybe just old. :P

I guess I just don't understand the excitement of having babies, because I never got to do that myself, so my maternal instincts have never been switched on. I just never met the right guy that I wanted to have any with. And now I'm too old to even want to think about having kids. I missed out. :(

My mom has to "borrow" the kids across the street, and has sort of become an honorary grandma to them, since I never gave her any grand kids. :oops:

Well, Congrats Someone has to carry on the species, since it won't be me.

*Gets off of pity pot and slinks away*

Nightwing
09-22-2006, 12:59 PM
Congrats man. make them listen to john williams music instead of that mozart stuff, you know to stimulate the brain and whatnot.My parents actually did exactly that to me. Star Wars and the Superman theme. It obviously had a bit of an effect on me.

When my mom finally figured out that SHE was the source of my fixation on geek stuff, she (sarcastically) started pouting.

Mi Gin Gonn
09-22-2006, 10:16 PM
congrats, D.A. (or would that be D.D. now?) no wonder you haven't been droppin' by the chatroom lately, you've been too busy scoring, huh-huh. can't blame ya for that one.

yes, show the kiddo EPIV at age 3. that's the first time i saw it in the movie theater, and i clearly remember that Star Destroyer chasing the blockade runner. it'll change the kid's life....it sure did mine. why else would i be here?

us geeks are like the Borg, we must assimilate all, including our own offspring into the wonderful world of geekdom.

and i wouldn't worry about any potential suitors until she's at least 11 or so. that's when it's time to do a Bernie Mac on the fellaz with the non-toy on the nightstand.

congrats again, amigo. i miss talkin' trash with ya in the chatroom.

p.s. you did get a mention in the TCSS Theme Song as "D.A.", can't remember if you posted a "thanks, Mi Gin" reply on that thread or not. i don't think ya did, slacker!!! :P

GFORCE13
09-22-2006, 11:14 PM
Many Congradulations, such great news, another SW Nerd will be born ready to carry on when we are just lumious beings. :wink:

987654321a
09-23-2006, 08:29 AM
i have no kids, cause im 14 lol.... but congrats man

Darth_Dadderall
10-01-2006, 03:25 PM
Thanks again, fellas. And Mi Gin, if I didn't post in the themesong thread, I am deeply honored to be mentioned in your song. I just hope that within fifteen years we can perfect closed-loop arc plasma technology.

joe104
10-09-2006, 09:47 PM
wait where is everybody finding the brotherhood of the sith thing

james3
10-10-2006, 10:39 AM
A little less posting and a lot more reading will answer all the questions.

joe104
10-10-2006, 12:35 PM
ya i found that out after i had posted this and felt kinda stupid

james3
10-10-2006, 01:35 PM
What the hell are you using ya for?

Are you attempting yeah? if so there you go cause 'round here ya can be used in place of you. ya know what I mean?

Jedi-Loreen
10-10-2006, 01:56 PM
Good one, James. Maybe I've rubbed off on you a bit. :wink:

WeirdoTransvestite
10-10-2006, 02:24 PM
Sieg Grammar!

Firebird21
10-10-2006, 02:26 PM
Out of respect for the father...

This should not continue here...

Do it here (http://thecustomsa.web133.discountasp.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1645&highlight)...

:twisted: