PDA

View Full Version : stock MR sabers, disable sound?

GarinH
12-02-2012, 07:14 PM
i have had master repica: ep3 obi, ep6 luke(green), and 1/2 of ep1 maul sabers.

i rent a single bedroom in a house of 3 other people.

the maul saber has a much lower/deep/quieter noise, the obi is average, and the luke saber (the oldest with 6 AA's) is very loud.
is it possible for me to open up the battery packs and maybe solder in a tiny switch somewhere along the speaker wire to disable the sound?

mostly so i dont annoy my other roomates in the house with the loud snap-hiss/humm of the sabers when i want to light up a saber or two.

or any other ideas? or is this is even possible?

thanks

FenderBender
12-02-2012, 07:27 PM
It would be easier, and more enjoyable, to build yourself a TCSS stunt saber. Then, you have the satisfaction of building your own, and it would be brighter, more durable, and silent.

MrCafe
12-03-2012, 02:00 PM
So far all but my very first saber was a stunt saber. Stunt sabers do not cost to much to build, I think my most expensive one was 60 bucks as I used a 3-d LED meg-lite and Tims blade holder. I try to stay away from wiring sound in till I get better at soldering so I can offer help on a sound kill. I even use one of my stunt sabers as a reading lamp.

grayven
12-10-2012, 10:37 PM
Put a small piece of black tape over the Speaker connection hole on the batter pack before you insert it into the saber. There you go no sound. :)

GarinH
02-09-2013, 08:37 PM
Put a small piece of black tape over the Speaker connection hole on the batter pack before you insert it into the saber. There you go no sound. :)

WOW! that is perfect! :D
my ROTJ like saber has like 6 pins for the battery pack to connect so there was some trial and error, but my other sabers jsut had 3 pins.

thank you!