PDA

View Full Version : Highly ambitious

Ronin
09-20-2006, 11:02 PM
Okay, I don't know anything about wiring, dremeling, soldering, optics, and the rest of the components and that go into saber smithing but i really want to learn and make my own saber. I have thought about buying a premade one but it felt like I was cheating, no offense. Do you guys and gals have any advice as to where I can find basic instruction on how to do these things, sorry if i'm wasting anyones time.

jjshumpert
09-20-2006, 11:13 PM
dont feel like your wasting anyone's time, we all had to start somewhere... my first conversion was a master replicas, thats a good place to start to get the feel for it, or if your wanting something completely custom look into the mhs builder in the store. once you get a design figured out go thru the tutorials for led hilt wiring and when in doubt ask the pros... stryder, xwindband, james, firebird, jtsteph, they are all pros at conversions and custom saber construction. welcome to the forums and good luck!

LAN-ED-TUL
09-21-2006, 01:21 AM
i know this whole site has changed servers, but if you look in the threads, and do some reading up, i beleive all your answers are in there you just have to take it upon yourself to do some reading, after all we dont want x-wing jumping you, now do we?

Ronin
09-21-2006, 10:38 AM
Yeah okay, I'll do some more reading thx for the advice.

Firebird21
09-21-2006, 11:09 AM
The Tread Index (http://thecustomsa.web133.discountasp.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=577) is your friend...

Think of it as the Custom Lightsaber Bible.