PDA

View Full Version : LED Question

jedimastergarcia87
11-22-2012, 09:16 AM
Hey. Just wondering if I can use the P4 LED from the kit with PCU. All the pre-wires are out of stock. Thanks. Having a build in mind so yeah. Going to be a new Sith saber but no details yet. Keeping it under wraps.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
11-22-2012, 10:30 AM
Sure.

jedimastergarcia87
11-23-2012, 02:03 PM
I'm actually going to do a full on Windu conversion. So white P4 LED, PCU w/ Light Meat then Madcow's Shatterpoint font to be purchased, 34 inch TCSS battle blade, magenta Lee Filter, 2W bass speaker, 14500 pack. 2 mom standard style switches to be placed under the black rubber if possible... I will need help with that part. I think I got everything for a good Windu conversion. I will be getting new wires and heatshrink too so this build for the innerds isn't all crammed up again. Though just wondering when using a TCSS conversion kit for anyone's sabers, do you still need the extra stock plastic blade holder for whatever reason or no? That's the only thing I'm concerned about. Thanks for any help on that and switch placements. I can't wait to do my first conversion. I already got a book of Lee Filters. Just need to get the other stuff for my Windu saber ordered.

Jordandau
11-23-2012, 07:02 PM
You'd be better off getting a multi color LED and mixing the red & blue. It'll be brighter than the white with the filter.

Weaver
11-24-2012, 09:09 AM
Just mirroring what Jordandau has said. Remember that color filters are "subtractive"; they will alter the color of the light by blocking all but a few wavelengths. This makes the light dimmer.

Decent article here: http://www.ehow.com/about_6304461_do-light-filters-work_.html