PDA

View Full Version : Parts List-- is it right?

QueenTitan
11-19-2012, 08:10 AM
Are all my inner parts here?

Blade retention screw
seoul p4 white LED
5 degree lens
lens holder
new style v2 heat sink
wires
jst adapter (1 for led, 1 for speaker, 1 for power, 1 for switch) or should I use a 6 wire?
thermal tape
illuminated av short momentary switch and resistor
buckpuck 1000mAh 4 wire
charger and adapter plug (2.1mm)
power jack (2.1mm)
Li-Ion 18650 3.7V 2600mAh PCB protected Recharge Battery Module
speaker
speaker mount
Petite Crouton

I noticed on the PC diagram there is a place for an aux switch. what would an aux switch be used for?

Thanks for your help!

Silver Serpent
11-19-2012, 08:18 AM
You have a Petit Crouton, so you don't need the buckpuck. The PC will handle current regulation to your main LED.

The 3.7v battery pack will work, but a 7.4v pack is recommended with the PC. You *might* have volume or brightness issues.

Aux switch controls extra functions on the PC. Mute-On-The-Go, Blaster Block, Lockup, and A-POP are all controlled by the Aux switch. It's not mandatory to have one, but it's very highly recommended.

QueenTitan
11-19-2012, 01:46 PM
alright, i deleted the buckpuck and changed to the 7.4V batt pack. Order placed. Thanks!

South-Paw Jinn
08-25-2013, 06:08 PM
I made a last minute decision to use a PC, and am 86ing my buckpuck, too. I decided to use the board because it would save space in my hilt, space saved on the board and not needing a buck puck! But having not used the board, I know nothing about it. Is there a way to adjust the current regulation on the PC? Say i want to use a green LED to start, which requires 1000mA, but i go darkside later and want to swap for a red led requiring 700mA. How do i go about that, is it a feature in RICE?

You have a Petit Crouton, so you don't need the buckpuck. The PC will handle current regulation to your main LED.

The 3.7v battery pack will work, but a 7.4v pack is recommended with the PC. You *might* have volume or brightness issues.

Aux switch controls extra functions on the PC. Mute-On-The-Go, Blaster Block, Lockup, and A-POP are all controlled by the Aux switch. It's not mandatory to have one, but it's very highly recommended.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
08-25-2013, 06:18 PM
I made a last minute decision to use a PC, and am 86ing my buckpuck, too. I decided to use the board because it would save space in my hilt, space saved on the board and not needing a buck puck! But having not used the board, I know nothing about it. Is there a way to adjust the current regulation on the PC? Say i want to use a green LED to start, which requires 1000mA, but i go darkside later and want to swap for a red led requiring 700mA. How do i go about that, is it a feature in RICE?

You don't *need* RICE to do that, so long as you are able to access the SD card on the PC. If you were going to have the RICE port feature anyway in your design, then yes. The manual explains which setting to adjust.

South-Paw Jinn
08-26-2013, 12:53 PM
Thanks a bunch!

South-Paw Jinn
08-29-2013, 09:42 AM
For all the joys switching to PC will bring my first build, I'm back to square 1 with a few diagrams. I now don't know how ill install the recharge port, not with the requirement for a power extender. Anyone come across that diagram, or am I over complicating things? Do the PEX and charge port use the same pads, or does one have to come before the other, etc?

You don't *need* RICE to do that, so long as you are able to access the SD card on the PC. If you were going to have the RICE port feature anyway in your design, then yes. The manual explains which setting to adjust.

Silver Serpent
08-29-2013, 11:32 AM
If you look at the recharge port diagram in the PC manual, there are three terminals on the recharge port. Board (-), Battery (-), and Board and Battery (+).

All the (+) connections for the board, battery, PEX, etc., will go to the Board and Battery (+) terminal.

ONLY the battery will connect to the Battery (-) terminal.

The PEX, board, and other such (-) lines will go to the Board (-) terminal.

South-Paw Jinn
08-29-2013, 01:11 PM
Thanks Silver! I put this together with your instructions, is this correct?

http://i1331.photobucket.com/albums/w587/southpaw_84/forum%20photos/null_zpsb543ca57.png

If you look at the recharge port diagram in the PC manual, there are three terminals on the recharge port. Board (-), Battery (-), and Board and Battery (+).

All the (+) connections for the board, battery, PEX, etc., will go to the Board and Battery (+) terminal.

ONLY the battery will connect to the Battery (-) terminal.

The PEX, board, and other such (-) lines will go to the Board (-) terminal.

Silver Serpent
08-30-2013, 05:07 AM
Looks right to me.

South-Paw Jinn
08-30-2013, 09:14 AM
Great, thanks again for your help!