PDA

View Full Version : Nano Biscotte... trouble

dexios
11-18-2012, 05:18 AM
Hey guys,

I've searched the forums, but as this is a new card, I haven't found anything on it yet. First off, it's TINY! And the configuration is so easy and wonderful... Here's my problem:

I've got everything installed and working, but if I turn it on and let it idle for more than 4 seconds, it makes sounds for power off-power-on-swing-swing-swing-swing-swing-sound cuts out-swing-swing. If I power it on and keep it moving, it works fantastic... If I let it idle at any time for more than 4 seconds, it does that sequence again...

I'm using the 'Korriban' font by MadCow (favorite font EVER, btw), and I checked the files: (hum is 18 seconds long), so the 5 second mark isn't a transitional error. If I pull out the kill-key and don't power it on, it doesn't power up on its own, so I don't think it's a short with the switch wires. If it were a short with the power wires, it should make the 'boot' sound every five seconds if pulled the killkey and let it sit, and it does not.

I've put heatshrink around the board (without heating it, so it is insulated from the hilt sidewalls without stifling the airflow). I also gave the battery a fresh charge (single 18650). I'm running out of ideas on where to start tinkering, and I don't want to just keep de-soldering and re-soldering blindly...

Any help would be appreciated!

Mav750k
11-18-2012, 02:18 PM
You must format the micro SD card every single time you change the sound files. Not formatting the card will cause sound files to play incorrectly and to walk on top of each other. I forgot to reformat once, and swing/clash sounds had somehow merged into the boot sound.

Mav750k
11-18-2012, 02:19 PM
Instructions on formatting the card are included in the pdf user manual for the card. I believe there is a link to it on the store page for this card.

FenderBender
11-18-2012, 06:52 PM
What LED are you using and what is your "Drive" setting at, and what is your "i" setting at?

Takanis
11-20-2012, 06:30 AM
...and what is your "i" setting at?

Curious about this, too.

dexios
12-03-2012, 08:01 PM
Thanks to everyone for all your help! I'm sorry it took so long to try your suggestions; I've been out of town...

The formatting was KEY! After re-formatting the card (which it told me to do in the manual, and I clearly overlooked it), the problems dissappeared! Thanks again to all who responded!