PDA

View Full Version : Been a long time...

andyfairall
11-15-2012, 11:10 PM
Its been almost 20 years since my electronics training. My math on some of this is still rusty. This is the electronics I plan on having in my build, but I am unsure of exactly how much battery to put into this. I plan on using the Li-ion packs but not sure which one. Also I was looking at the description of the various AV switches and most of them say they will fit boxes 2-6 but make no mention of the newer ones, do the descriptions just need updated or did I miss something?

Petit Crouton Sound Module V2.0
16mm Anti Vandal Latching Amber Ring Switch
LED Engin LZ4 10W Single Color (Amber)
Power Xtender™ 2.0

Silver Serpent
11-16-2012, 05:41 AM
Those are old descriptions. Look at the descriptions for the boxes themselves. If they say they will accomodate an AV switch, then any AV switch (from the store) will fit.

With the PC2.0, you want a 7.4v li-ion battery pack. The one you choose depends on the size, shape, and configuration of your hilt.

Crystal Chambers
11-16-2012, 06:33 AM
Not so simple...3.7V can run it just fine depending on the LED and how much voltage it requires. Even with FOC although the flash is barely noticeable. Could be my resistgor though since I had to compromise a little there. This depends not only on your hilt but priorities. Run time, brightness, number of dies, series or parallel wiring, sound resonating space, outer hilt aesthetic, ease of install, interior accessibility all to be considered.