PDA

View Full Version : My first junk-built saber. . .

Asher
09-20-2006, 09:59 AM
Thought I'd have a go at getting rid of some of the stuff in the parts bin for my first build:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k239/Asher_019/junksabermon.jpg

Quality bits: CSS blade parts and holder, Hasbro board.
Thieved bits: LuxIII from a flashlight, hidden switch from an old laser sight.
Bits of dubious parentage: part of a car mat, tubes and fittings from airsoft silencer and CAW "grenade". And O-rings. Lots and lots of O-rings.

All in all; a complete mongrel, but it does light up!

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k239/Asher_019/glowjunksaber.jpg[/img]

james3
09-20-2006, 10:04 AM
Impressive. Most Impressive.

Post that up in the custom saber gallery dude

Asher
09-20-2006, 10:07 AM
Cheers.

Actually, thats what I thought I was doing! It was a genuine mistake rather than rampant egomania :wink:

I assume the mods can move that for me if I pm them?

james3
09-20-2006, 10:23 AM
Yeah I am sure he could but if you just repost in there with just the basic info and all the good pics then we can still comment and question on this here topic. :D

Asher
09-20-2006, 11:39 AM
Fair point, and job done. I've posted to the customs gallery, so this thread can now be used for comments, or deleted as appropriate, I guess.

xwingband
09-20-2006, 03:07 PM
Yeah, you fixed it by posting it in the gallery so I'm not going to bother moving it or anything.

WeirdoTransvestite
09-20-2006, 03:15 PM
I hope that airsoft grenade was broken. They cost a bit of change.

Do-Clo
09-20-2006, 03:41 PM
This is a very good example of what can be done with the parts you have lying around, well done.

Asher
09-21-2006, 03:16 AM
I hope that airsoft grenade was broken. They cost a bit of change.

It was once I'd finished with it :shock: It was one of the old (2001 vintage :wink: ) CAW grenades that you used to get, had to buy a separate set of hop barrels for them. I picked the grenade and barrels up dirt cheap in a Yahoo Japan auction with the intent of making an airsoft launcher. That was 5 years ago. I reckon its got a better home right now. . .

Incidentally, for anyone who does the airsoft/saber hobby crossover thing, the bb holding aluminium snout of those old grenades unscrews and fits *perfectly* into thinwall 1.5" tube. Hence the sound-grille on my junker has 6mm holes in it!

WeirdoTransvestite
09-21-2006, 04:48 AM
You're like the Native Americans, using every part of the buffalo.

Eclipse
09-21-2006, 11:16 AM
I think that has to be one of the coolest ones I've seen yet.... looks weathered like its seen battle and is functional... nice job.

Asher
09-22-2006, 05:23 AM
I think that has to be one of the coolest ones I've seen yet.... looks weathered like its seen battle and is functional... nice job.

Thanks. To be honest, the battle scarred effect is more a result of my cack-handedness during the build than by design. I'm well chuffed with it though, and I doubt I could have gotten the same effect by deliberate weathering :D

meiv4
09-22-2006, 10:57 AM
the best way to weather a saber is to use it, or to misuse the tools while making it... either way it does leave a very nice natural looking weatherd look.

GFORCE13
09-22-2006, 11:23 PM
Yes thank for those two little words: BATTLE DAMMAGE you don't feel so bad when you missed with the dremel and acidentally scratched that brand new shiny pipe. :lol:

Jargo
09-24-2006, 07:51 AM
Very good m8 :D
Even tho i have not made one yet i would love it if it could look similar to the 1 u made cheers!!!!!!

Noyl Wendor
10-02-2006, 06:30 AM
Yep. That's pretty cool. I've been looking that one over and over trying to come up with design ideas. Its one of a kind. Well done.