PDA

View Full Version : I did it (sorta), finally. My first saber.

NewberL337
10-30-2012, 09:06 PM
So, after a long, long time of this being "in the works" it's done. But I need to pause right here and give a big, big, BIG thank you to two people. The first and though he won't remember me or any of this is the owner of the store, Strider as we know him on the forums. He was patient and helpful without being rude early on when I needed things machined. Secondly, is Lord Dottore Matto. What a genuinely awesome and kind hearted person they are. In a moment of desperation they were able to whip up for me one of their pre-assembled electronic kits and ship it out in a matter of a few days. It was with the kit I was able to solder the switch and LED, which was a hell of a thing, as simple as that should be lol. But after it was said and done, I did it.

Just a note, I thought the LED was more orange, turns out it's pretty much just red, haha. Oh well. Next one will be green!

Kyaryo Ysoyav
10-30-2012, 10:36 PM
Looks great! Congrats on the build. I'm in the middle of my first...so I'm a bit jealous that you're done :)

Loachri MacTalabh
10-30-2012, 11:03 PM
”Your skills are complete” looks great good job.

Darth Ryo
10-31-2012, 01:23 AM
Nice saber, good job, congrats ;)

NewberL337
10-31-2012, 04:33 AM
Looks great! Congrats on the build. I'm in the middle of my first...so I'm a bit jealous that you're done :)

Don't be! Look at how long I've been a member here and my post history. This is at least a couple years overdue haha.

Silver Serpent
10-31-2012, 04:46 AM
Congrats, and welcome to the club! Now you need to start designing the next one. There's always a next saber... :)

Crystal Chambers
10-31-2012, 05:41 AM
Hehe..usually we strive for a true sith red and get..orange. How you did the opposite is beyond me. lol I'm guessing you went with red/orange? Next time you want orange try amber maybe. Congrats! Fun times!