PDA

View Full Version : 2005 MR Darth Vader conversion, a little help.

Augster
10-30-2012, 06:42 PM
Hello,

After looking more closely at it, it seems it is a 2007 Hasbro ESB. Sorry for any confusion in the title. I was confused and after looking at the box, I think I have it right now.

Anyone want to hold my hand through this? I've looked at the tutorials countless times, so I think I'll know what I'm doing.

Unfortunately, the tutorial hasn't been updated since 2010. So I have a few questions.

Is the parts list the same? I've clicked all the links and added them to my cart. Using the P4 Red. If those are all the parts I'll need, I'm golden then. Are these all the parts I'll need? Any help appreciated.

Lastly, what blade should I order? I'm lost with all the options etc. I'd prefer to get a new blade so that I can do some battling. In Lord Motto's tutorial HERE (http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?10752-Basic-Saber-Build-list-of-parts)he points to a 1" OD slim blade at 36". Is that good enough for an MR conversion? And, do I need all the items he has listed for the scratch build or does the conversion take care of most of that?

Thanks for any help for a total newb to this. If I can get the conversion right, then I can start building scratch. I imagine that'll be easier.

Augster
11-28-2012, 11:01 PM
So it's been a month, and nobody has done an MR or Hasbro conversion?

After I finally realized I had a Hasbro 2007, I bought a used 2005MR. I'm going to purchase the items as per the tutorial and hope for the best I guess.

I am guessing the blade Lord Motto should suffice? What is screen accurate for a Vader blade? 36"? 40"?

Thanks.