PDA

View Full Version : Taking my first steps into a larger world

QuixoticJEDI
10-17-2012, 12:47 PM
Greetings to this most illustrious forum.

I have been a fan of STAR WARS for many years and have admired the work of Sabersmithing fans like yourselves for quite some time now. A few years ago I acquired an old EL saber from a car Boot sale (what Americans I think would call a yard sale), and hope to convert this “Relic” into an LED saber worthy of posting a picture or two of on this fine forum.

I look forward to delving deeper it the mysteries of Sabersmithing, with the help of this forums knowledgeable members.

Regards

QuixoticJEDI

May the Force Be with You:)

shmoetech
10-17-2012, 01:52 PM
welcome

Forgetful Jedi Knight
10-17-2012, 04:08 PM
Welcome to the Forums. Make sure you look around and read up on everything (especially the tutorials)!

FenderBender
10-17-2012, 05:52 PM
Pics of said "relic", or it doesn't exist :D

Welcome! If there is anything more than new sabers that we all love around here it's seeing a bit of history. Snap some pics of that bad boy and post it!

QuixoticJEDI
10-18-2012, 12:02 AM
Your eyes can deceive you don't trust them :-)

Seriously though this is the saber.

I have removed the EL blade and striped it down. It looks like a Luke Skywalker ROTJ saber but did not have a Graflex box attached. The plan is to add some sound, change the emitter/blade holder and add a small button box (style7 or style10). I was a big fan of the jedi Academy books and games, so it will look like a student on Yavin 4 built it.....hopefully :-)

Darth Ryo
10-18-2012, 01:59 AM
Welcome m8!
Nice peices to start with, good luck with this "re-build" ;)
Keep us posted about it!