PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro wiring normal vs. flicker effect

bdehlin
10-17-2012, 12:00 PM
Hey everyone!

Let me start by saying that these are our first two sabers, and they wouldn't have been able to be made if it weren't for the TCSS store and forums. They are both sink tube sabers wired using an el cheapo Hasbro soundcard. My wife's is the blue one with the flicker effect, and mine is the normally lit red saber. I saw a couple videos demonstrating the flicker effect wired off of the Hasbro speaker, but not a side by side comparison.

Thanks!

http://youtu.be/JjTf9tMwC_Y

Evilpancreas
10-17-2012, 05:45 PM
Only thing that sucks is that the flicker effect is so drastically less bright. I re-wired mine after doing that because it was too dim.

bdehlin
10-18-2012, 09:30 AM
My wife is running a 3w RB led and it is definitely dimmer than if it were wired the other way, but she likes the flicker. Mine is a 6500k white led with a 019 Fire Lee filter, and the flicker was way to dim for me. They end up looking about the same in person because my color is a subtractive form, where her's isn't. May not be the brightest sabers, but I like the ability to change colors on a whim, and she likes the flicker.

Evilpancreas
10-18-2012, 02:14 PM
I do have to admit that the flicker effect looks really cool. I had a deep red LED, and the output was crap. It just wasn't worth it.