PDA

View Full Version : Cf/PC kill Switch?

patolcott
10-12-2012, 05:52 AM
I am in the beginning stages of my newest saber, a Kyp durron, heavily inspired by madcows corran horn, i figured with the few pics of kyps lightsaber it looked enough like corran horns I would just go off that and tweak it. Anyway Back to topic. I have been doing super heavy research, however I still cannot for the life of me find out how to make a kill switch. I know it can be done Madcow has done it. I prefer to have my recharge port on the inside i think it looks cleaner. But i dont want to have to open it every time i want to turn it on. How would i wire it so that i still have a recharge port yet i don't need a kill plug to completely power off the board? I still havent figured out which board i will be using. It all depends on weather or not the new cf v6.1 will be out by the time i am ready for it. And yes i have read the users manual to the PC, and CF before posting :) thanks guys!

Silver Serpent
10-12-2012, 06:07 AM
Easiest way is to install a latching switch somewhere on the saber that cuts power to the board. It'll have to go on either the neg or pos wire that runs to board power input.

Unfortunately, you'll then have a total of 3 switches on the saber. One for killing power, and two for the CF/PC.

shmoetech
10-12-2012, 08:17 AM
with the activation boxes that Tim sells there are a lot of options for mounting recharge port and making it look clean, as Master SS states you would need 3 switches which are bulkier then recharge port. Plus when kill key is removed you will have the clean look that your going for....also you will still need to open up the saber everytime you charge the batteries if you go the way you want. Just my 2 cents...either way best of luck.

patolcott
10-12-2012, 12:50 PM
well i am not too worried about bulky cause i will be using the tactile switches, I want to say switch 22? they are the small round ones so size matters not! lol

Silver Serpent
10-12-2012, 01:22 PM
Tactiles are fine for operating the CF/PC, but if you want a switch to be a kill switch, it MUST be a latching style switch. Momentary switches won't work unless you want to hold them down all the time.

patolcott
10-12-2012, 02:20 PM
Good to know thanks

patolcott
10-12-2012, 10:22 PM
I am going with a slide switch just got it from the shack today :) now i just have to figure out how to mount it properly, i will probably go with jay gon's method.