PDA

View Full Version : Schurser CSE 16 Piezo Mom switch with how to wire to CF

zaxaria
10-06-2012, 12:07 PM
I am looking to use a Schurter CSE 16 piezo mom switch with a CF. It requires a power source it does not work like a normal NO mom switch. Following is the link to the spec sheet for the switch. I am just need to know if I can wire the out lead to the primary switch pad on the CF and the ground. I may have to rig up a transistor switch for this to work.

http://www.mouser.com/catalog/specsheets/Schurter_1243.1x18.x1.pdf

Skottsaber
10-09-2012, 01:53 PM
From the internal diagram it appears that it switches OUT to positive. I believe that you need to connect VCC to the 3.3V pad, GND to one of the small signal ground spots, and OUT to the switch pad.

Disclaimer: Connect devices to your CF at your own risk. ;)

Ari-Jaq Xulden
10-09-2012, 09:42 PM
The nominal voltage for the led is 12v. There is probably a resistor inside. It's likely it wont be very bright.

zaxaria
10-11-2012, 10:00 PM
Skottsaber,
I don't think I can wire the out lead to the primary switch pad on the CF. I have tested the switch and when activated as a momentary switch it produces 1.5V and about 8mA. Does anyone know how the signaling works for the primary switch pad and switch ground when it is set to momentary on the CF. Thank you for any insight you can provide.

zaxaria
10-11-2012, 10:10 PM
Ari-Jaq,
It is not to bad has three smd leds in the ring.

Skottsaber
10-12-2012, 02:47 AM
Signaling in firmware for CF is almost definitely the switch pin set as a digital input waiting for a logic level low (with a pullup resistor on the pin enabled internally in firmware to prevent the pin floating). The switch ground is one of the small signal grounds on the board, which I believe is good for up to 150mA. To activate the switch, all you need to be able to do is take that pin to 0v. Actual current through the pin when shorted to ground (aka switch pressed) would be in the range of microamps, as the PIC's pins go into a high impedance (resistance) state when set as inputs.