PDA

View Full Version : Can Obi-Wan ROTS w/ removable blade be converted?

TedMosby
09-25-2012, 07:31 PM
I have the Hasbro Force FX Obi-Wan ROTS saber with the removable blade. I think its from 2010. Does anyone know if it can use the conversion kit for the non removable blade model? My blade is only half as bright as it was and only flashes bright when it clashes. It also has dark spots. Wish I knew I could just build my own to begin with but unfortunately I didn't know about this site. If the conversion kit is not compatible does anyone have any suggestions?

Don Se Wion
09-27-2012, 01:13 AM
Yes, it's absolutely doable with this kit : http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Hasbro-FX-Obi-Wan-ROTS-conversion-kit-P273.aspx

I completed 3 of them for our Academy with one still to go in the next days.
The conversion is very easy, you don't even have to trim the cylinder containing the electronic board like other MR/Hasbro conversions since there is a lot of space inside the hilt.

The only really difficult task with this saber is disassembling the activation box.
The toughest part is removing the "copper like" top to access the screws underneath without breaking it.
It can help using an hair dryer to warm up the box melting the glue, just take your time and do it carefully.

TedMosby
10-05-2012, 06:15 PM
Thanks!!!

blur
05-19-2016, 12:30 PM
When you remove the electronics from the hilt, will it come out from the emitter end or the pommel end?