PDA

View Full Version : ESB Graflex Kit!

jedimastergarcia87
09-23-2012, 11:04 AM
Hey. Question. Does the new ESB Graflex Kit come with EVERYTHING? Like full hilt or just hilt parts? I so want to do a Graflex build now. Thanks for the info. Then also for the switch, if I want it under the bubbles, should I get the mom tactile switch, and also what would be the best blade retention screw to use on the new Graflex kit saber? Thanks. =] And the secondary font I will be using is going to be Bespin II. Oh and also I will need help installing the re-charge port and stuff when I get the saber. Doing full electronics. battery pack, PCU, in-hilt re-charge. ETC.

Boj-Vaati Mau
09-23-2012, 04:18 PM
Read, you must! The answers you seek. in the text they are, yes!

Graflex ESB kit

Comes with everything shown in picture.

-Replica Graflex with ESB grips
(with the card strip, the clamp comes!)

-TCSS Graflex blade holder
-LED graflex adapter for converting your Graflex to a LED saber.
Anodized black
Designed to hold a 1" OD blade.

-Short style electical pins
- Set of 4 short Graflex style electrical pins. Shorter threads and body to work better with graflex LED blade holders and Anakin conv kits.

-Red button thumbscrew
- Modeled directly from an original Graflex Red Button. This 10-32 thumbscrew works nicely as a blade retention screw.

This does not come with any electronics, blade, etc..

Spoon fed, you now are! Other answers, seek you must for your saber to build! In the forums, you know the answers are! ;)

jedimastergarcia87
09-23-2012, 08:38 PM
Dude I was just wondering. Jeez. This Graflex kit is new to me. Also just a random question, would an 18650 pack save me more room inside and give me longer run time than a 14500 pack? Plus there wouldn't yet be alot of answers on the new Graflex kit. Just getting opinions is all that way I do the build right.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
09-23-2012, 08:46 PM
An 18650 pack would give you a longer run time IF it would fit in there (I'm not 100% sure if it would). It is bigger (and longer) than the 14500 pack.

jedimastergarcia87
09-26-2012, 09:02 AM
Then I will stick with the 14500 pack just to be on the safe side. I want my first real Graflex build to be simple but awesome at the same time. I think I will use Bespin II as the secondary font on the sd card. I want the saber to have that real ESB feel to it.

Kevin Starwaster
09-26-2012, 03:25 PM
An 18650 pack would give you a longer run time IF it would fit in there (I'm not 100% sure if it would). It is bigger (and longer) than the 14500 pack.

I was curious about that too. I did a little research and found references to 1.37" - 1.375" ID; the replica is going to be right around there isn't it? So, no, a side-by-side 18650 pack wouldn't fit (36mm = 1.417")

Then I will stick with the 14500 pack just to be on the safe side. I want my first real Graflex build to be simple but awesome at the same time. I think I will use Bespin II as the secondary font on the sd card. I want the saber to have that real ESB feel to it.

If you mean the 4 cell 14500, that's probably a good choice. How about a pair of 25500s though?