PDA

View Full Version : Hi TCSS team and Epic Sabre smiths

Craevn
08-30-2012, 11:10 AM
Hi-ho Neighbors, (Sorry i couldn't resist)
Well after multiple years of lurking on the FX board and here, skull-drudgery, and research i think i am ready to build my Very first saber!
Just a quick intro, My name is Drew, I'm 26, from FL with ties to the 501st and am currently working with the Prajai Squad as one of their Armor smiths, Building full custom Sith armor set(non-Cannon) for myself...I have a general working knowledge of electronics so i decided to go ahead and install a PC 2.0 in my first hilt...All of my parts are on the way and I am Uber excited to finally have "A more civilized weapon" Vs. a clunky E-11:D ! I will be posting progress pics when I get started!

Thank you for allowing me into this large family(hopefully with open arms), I promise to try and keep my n00b questions to a bare minimum! Back to RESEARCH!!!!

Yoshi-Taka
08-30-2012, 11:18 AM
Another builder from Florida, huh? Fantastic! Looking forward to your design(s).

MandoJoe
08-30-2012, 12:07 PM
Welcome to the board, bub. The aptly named Epic Saber Smiths here are more than helpful, so if you've got any questions, don't be afraid to ask

Forgetful Jedi Knight
08-30-2012, 12:38 PM
Welcome to the forums!

FenderBender
08-30-2012, 02:37 PM
Welcome! With all the FL peeps, makes me wish we still lived in Orlando......

Guess it's time to move the shop again!:D

Crystal Chambers
08-30-2012, 05:51 PM
Welcome! You'll have to show us some of your armour too.

Darth Jared
08-30-2012, 09:21 PM
Welcome to the boards! I trust you'll be able to find all the saber-related questions you may have here. Also, can we get a design of your saber along with some other specifics? I'm really interested to see what you've come up with! The first saber is always the best! Welcome!
====Darth Jared

Lord Dottore Matto
08-30-2012, 11:32 PM
Welcome!

madmaxx
08-31-2012, 01:43 AM
welcome! i hope your ambition is only rivaled by your bank balance cause you WILL want to spend alot on this awesome hobby

Craevn
08-31-2012, 09:10 AM
Thanks for the Warm welcome...as far as the hilt is con concerned it should look something like this...75737574
The Emitter blades will be mounted in between the the holes in the Blade holder and are going to be mounted with set screws double functioning as blade retention screws! After I get my parts I'll start the build thread!

Darth Ryo
09-05-2012, 10:12 AM
Welcome and good luck on your build ;)

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
09-11-2012, 06:46 PM
Welcome you your new, highly addictive hobby!

zachwashere313
09-11-2012, 09:47 PM
Hi everyone! I'm brand spankin' new to the forum... You can just call me Zach, I am very interested in wiring up and completing a saber construction with a pre-wired petit cruton sound board, the best speaker TCSS has to offer, and the trickiest part, to successfully wire this all to a Blue Engin LZ4 10W Single Color LED, I am having a lot of trouble figuring out the amount of power I will need in order to make this saber function at an optimal level, I have a ton of experience with metal work, and soldering. But I desperately need the guidance of all you Pros out there, who are experienced with electronics wiring, and how I can make the right connections to the different parts of the saber, you who can make my own unique lightsaber come to life, are my only hope! I have always loved star wars, and have purchased sabers in the past, but I want to craft a saber that I can proudly say I made!! :D

I hope you intelligent Jedi masters can instruct me in the ways of the lightsaber. :)

I also have the actual machined aluminum parts from TCSS that will house the electronics, as well as a heat sink blade assembly which came with the blade holder...

I need your help! It would be much appreciated...

Silver Serpent
09-12-2012, 07:06 AM
http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?13703-LEDengin-5w-and-10W-info-and-wiring-guide-for-noobs has most of the information for wiring up a LEDEngin. Power is likely to be a pair of li-ion batteries. 18650s are ideal if you can fit them into your design. 14500s will work otherwise.

zachwashere313
09-12-2012, 07:48 AM
Thanks Silver Serpent! I appreciate the guidance. :D