PDA

View Full Version : From a far far away oversea small Country.

Finngarh
08-29-2012, 08:31 AM
Hi TCSS,

A humble hello from Switzerland before I make a thread on how I made my first saber and became a Jedi.

Finally ordered pieces through the whole Galaxy and I must say that this "little" double baby rocks, even though I can't light it up yet. No batteries... :/ How bad.

Anyway. My build is done and yet the whole path of learning remains. The Force awaits me.

Finngarh

Ty_Bomber
08-29-2012, 09:08 AM
Welcome to the forums, my friend! Greatly looking forward to pics of your build!

Darth Jared
08-29-2012, 02:09 PM
Happy to have you aboard! I too am new to lightsaber forums such as this one, but I have built sabers in the past. If you need any help, you have certainly come to the right place. The plethora of saber knowledge on this site is enough to overload the mind! Anyways, welcome.
----Darth Jared

Finngarh
08-29-2012, 02:51 PM
Well I finally got my hand on some batteries that are fonctionnal. And this looks great.
Haven't tested it yet ouside, it was raining :/

Here are some pics for now. Will do some more as soon as I test it and when the graving are more advanced.
http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?14870-How-I-became-a-Jedi-My-first-LightSaber&p=216071#post216071

Also, thanks Jared. I'll take any advice from you if it can make my saber better at defeating sith scums... ;)

Darth Jared
08-29-2012, 03:00 PM
I refuse to contribute to the building of a weapon that could spell my downfall. Lol. In all seriousness, your saber looks GREAT! Way better than my first that no longer exists, anyway. If you have any questions, I am more than willing to help. If I can, that is. If not, I think I'll be able to point you toward some sabersmithin' masters!
----Darth Jared

Finngarh
08-29-2012, 03:06 PM
Well thanks !

My biggest question right now is: How do I make paint/ink hold on aluminum ?
Like explained in the other tread, aluminum oxydize itself automatically with a very thin white layer. And this layer prevent almost anything to stick to it. Unlike brass for example.
I want to color the inside of what I carve in it. But I don't know with what exept with multiple acrylic washes. And it doesn't hold that good either. :(

Once that done, I'll think about the problem of the "fins" on the emiters... but that's "next level" craftsmanship ^^

Darth Jared
08-29-2012, 03:45 PM
Well. There are two ways to "make it stick". The less reliable one is just coating it several times. The more reliable way is to coat it in any sort of protective resin. Stuff like that can be found at just about any home improvement store.

Silver Serpent
08-30-2012, 05:56 AM
Self etching aluminum primer. You can often find it at auto parts stores. After that, grab your favorite spray enamel (I use Krylon) and have fun. A good clear coat after you're done will protect the finish from wear and tear.