PDA

View Full Version : Repairing swing sensor effect

chichibabin
08-28-2012, 06:26 AM
Hi,
I have bought a Hasbro Ultimate FX Green Luke Skywalker saber. It was faulty on unpacking because when you switch to play mode and swing the saber around the humming sound doesn't work. WHen on demo mode the humming sound can be heard so the electronics are capable of making the correct sound. It would appear to me that there is a problem with the swing sensor. Can anyone please advise if its worth taking the saber apart to see if I can repair this myself? Any comments on tests that can be done to diagnose the problem would be most welcome. If the swing sensor is defective would it be possible to solder in the swing sensor available from the store? Also, is it possible to take these apart and put them back together without breaking any of the fittings? I know there is a rivet that needs to be popped out near the top of the hilt. Can this be pushed back in when reassembling?
Thanks a lot Guys,
Sat

chichibabin
08-28-2012, 02:50 PM
HI,
I went and had a look inside to see if anything was obviously wrong and it seems as though there is. Is the swing sensor supposed to be on the main board because it looks as though someone forgot to put it on!
Can some cast there expect eye on these photos and let me know what they think?
Thanks!

Evilpancreas
08-28-2012, 05:18 PM
Well as long as they are traces on the PCB for the sensor, then you can just buy one and wire it up. TCSS sells them for some ridiculously low price.

chichibabin
08-29-2012, 01:12 AM
Thanks. Yes there are traces labeled as VADER and ANAKIN but no component is soldered into them...