PDA

View Full Version : 4 inch double female, doesnt fit anything.

thrgk
08-15-2012, 09:41 AM
ok guys, so i was wondering, a 4inch double female without holes, there is like a lump, after the threads, causing the actual ID to go smaller, and for some reason tcss chassis discs, or even a pvc one wont fit, since the board widens the pvc just a bit to much, cause without the board/battery the pvc will slide in, i sthis how it normally is? I thought like, it should be 1.25inch or close to that ID.
Thanks

Crystal Chambers
08-15-2012, 10:00 AM
The chassis discs should be fine unless they're the ones made larger to lock between MHS parts. PVC does need a little sanding to fit and it sounds like you're warping it to fit the board and the board needs more room cut out of the PVC to fit properly. Sounds normal to me. Sand you're PVC/cut a larger opening for you board and it should fit fine. Have a closer look at someone else's work if you need to and it should work out fine.

Ari-Jaq Xulden
08-15-2012, 10:34 AM
Sand out the "lump". I use my Dremel.

Crystal Chambers
08-15-2012, 06:03 PM
The smaller ID is 1.25. For anything to fit inside it will have to be a hair smaller. 1.23-24 I believe. The corner of this decreased ID can be an obstacle at times. The discs can be difficult if they're not fed in straight and may reguire a little sanding as well. i just used some with no issues.

Kevin Starwaster
08-16-2012, 09:41 AM
Is this the chassis disk that isn't fitting? http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Chassis-Disc-style-1-with-holes-P595.aspx

If so, it's not designed to slide all the way in. It's meant to be locked into place between the male and female threadings.

thrgk
08-16-2012, 12:07 PM
no the tcss discs for pc/battery, here http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Acrylic-Chassis-Disc-for-PC-20-and-14500-side-by-side-pack-P774.aspx after the threads, the ID gets smaller, idk if it was a defected one or what

clahey83
08-16-2012, 12:12 PM
in the product description Tim actually says they might need to be sanded to work. bust out some sand paper and those disks should fit in no time

acerocket
08-16-2012, 12:29 PM
The id of the double female section is supposed to be smaller after the threads. That is what gives it the lip to have heatsinks and the chassis discs sit into so they won't fall through the saber. You could have some small burrs left from the machining of the part or, as someone else mentioned, Tim states you might need to sand those acrylic discs to get them to fit. Having worked with steel and aluminum tubing for many years, I can tell you inside diameters have very 'generous' tolerances from the manufacturers. You may have gotten a piece with a smaller than average inside diameter - coupled with the tight discs, it might be causing the problem.

Crystal Chambers
08-16-2012, 05:34 PM
You'll want to be careful with those discs. I broke one while trying fitting my spacers for the right lengths. The thin spots on them makes them quite brittle.

thrgk
08-17-2012, 09:58 PM
Ok, well mine after the threads went down quite a bit, so much that a pvc chassis well sanded would not fit. If it is supposed to be like that, how can u make a chassis to fit in there? other then t8 tubing around a speaker. battery, and pc box.