PDA

View Full Version : What Hasbro sound board do you use and why did you pick it

Grouch
09-12-2006, 03:28 PM
I'm getting interested in the Hasbro board for the sound of my first saber. I've searched the sub-forum and looked in every thread here but I havn't seen this question yet.

So what did you guys pick and why.

Thanks

Tenric Starkindler
09-12-2006, 05:15 PM
good question!
I am saving for my order (waiting to hit the lotto too!) :lol:

and am interested in the differences and why some choose one over the other....

...I like what I've heard about the ones with the "growl"....sounds like what I'd like.....

Madcow
09-12-2006, 05:20 PM
I used the Vader because it was small... but now I'll only use MR's

MC

Firebird21
09-12-2006, 05:27 PM
A lot has to do with that Flash On Clash BS...

There is a Topic that has a list of what each saber does, however they have since remade some of them, like the Vader. The Vader used to not have the Flash on Clash, but now they do.

I used the Obi-Wan saber becaue out of all the sabers I could find, Vader, Anakin, and OW.

Anakin had clash noises, ond sounded OK but didn't fit in the MHS hilt.

Vader had FOC and I didn't care for the idle.

Obi-Wan sounds good and it fit in the hilt. But I never used the Clash sensor. It looked to be too big a PITA to hook up.

Grouch
09-12-2006, 07:02 PM
Maybe I still don't understand saber constuction fully yet, but if i use corbins driver to power the saber and a hasbro for the sound can i just not hook up the FOC?

Firebird21
09-12-2006, 07:06 PM
Maybe I still don't understand saber constuction fully yet, but if i use corbins driver to power the saber and a hasbro for the sound can i just not hook up the FOC?

Yes.
Then the driver is running the LED not the S/B.

But I think you need to get another Clash sensor if you want Corbins FOC (Lights up brighter rather than flashing on and off for thoes that didn't know) I know you do for the MR SB. But you don't have to hook that up.

Just make sure you get the "Momentary" option, not the "Latching".

xwingband
09-12-2006, 07:48 PM
No, on the Hasbro you can share the shock sensor with Corbin's as there is no power going through it.

Out of the current ones I'd choose the Obi if size didn't matter (get rid of the motor though). For size that matters, the Vader... the rest aren't that great.

If you can the old Qui-gon's are not bad. Beware that they don't like excessive voltage.

Grouch
09-12-2006, 09:16 PM
No, on the Hasbro you can share the shock sensor with Corbin's as there is no power going through it.

I'm sorry, since i've gotten conflicting reports or maybe I'm just not reading your reply right could you clairafy it for me.

If I understand you right, I can use Corbins board and bypass or just not use the FOC on the hasbro? So that Corbins board takes care of the visual effects while the Hasbro it solely responsible for the sound.

thanks again for the help.

Madcow
09-12-2006, 09:36 PM
I "upgraded" my Hasbro Vader by switching the clash sensor to the swoosh circut, and clipping the motion sensor off - end result is... no sound on motion (was unreliable anyways), and the motion sound (swoosh) now happens on clash with no flashing on and off. Way better.
It still flashes on power up and power down - nothing to be done about that.

MC

xwingband
09-13-2006, 05:16 AM

I'm sorry, since i've gotten conflicting reports or maybe I'm just not reading your reply right could you clairafy it for me.

If I understand you right, I can use Corbins board and bypass or just not use the FOC on the hasbro? So that Corbins board takes care of the visual effects while the Hasbro it solely responsible for the sound.

thanks again for the help.

Exactly, Firebird was thinking of the MR where you need two clash sensors one for each board. Corbin's takes care of the LED and the hasbro the sound.

Mi Gin Gonn
09-15-2006, 03:07 PM
I "upgraded" my Hasbro Vader by switching the clash sensor to the swoosh circut, and clipping the motion sensor off - end result is... no sound on motion (was unreliable anyways), and the motion sound (swoosh) now happens on clash with no flashing on and off. Way better.
It still flashes on power up and power down - nothing to be done about that.

I'm curious to see how you did that, Madcow. Did you actually solder the clash sensor to the swoosh circuit on the board itself, or just bridge the wires together? Sounds like you found a good workaround to the hideous FOC problem.

My stuff from Tim will be here on Tuesday, so I'll finally be able to experiment with my Sith Hasbro boards. I'm curious to know if the one that I flat-out chopped off the clash sensor will work or if doing that will cause a short. I don't know if I can leave the clash circuit wires sitting loose or if I'll have to loop them.

Madcow
09-15-2006, 04:29 PM
It's super easy...
Step 1. Clip the clash sensor right off and put elec. tape on the two wires coming from the board where it was.
Step 2. Un-solder the motion sensor from the wires (not from the board), and solder the old clash sensor onto those two wires... voila.

MC

WeirdoTransvestite
09-15-2006, 04:33 PM
It is, however, impossible to disable the FOC while keeping everything else stock. I know, I tried, I mysteriously lost some hair.

Do-Clo
09-15-2006, 05:24 PM
The anakin color change saber sound board is the only hasbro sound board that does not have the flash on clash effect. The only problem is it is a larger sond board that is 1 3/8 inches wide.

Ros
11-06-2006, 03:32 PM
i just pulled the guts out of a new "spring action saber" from hasbro. i like the sound board much better than the older hasbro sabers. it does have the "flash on clash" that alot of people seem to have a problem with around here....but it dosn't bother me. also the way that the whole thing is wired together makes for easy instalation into any saber hilt. if you're starting a new project i'd recomend trying out the sound board from the "spring action saber"

Ryma Mara
11-26-2006, 06:01 PM
Intresting read, one question?

How would one go about wanting the movie sounds and light effects.

Would you use
Corbins board and MR sound?
Guts from a MR?
Corbins board and hasbro sound?

But again Iam unknown as to which hasbro boards to even look at, the new ones or the really old ones from when star wars was special editioned?

as for any inbetween I wouldent know where to even look for them or if they changed much.

Havent looked at the hasbro sabers in a long time so would the box tell you what movie they came from?

Firebird21
11-26-2006, 06:14 PM
Right now the best option is Corbin's and the MR sound board.

erv is working on an All-In-One that is anticipated to be the best way to go. (see "Custom" in the Sound forum) It will have adjustable flickering, customizable sounds, power level warning light, vibration motor control...

Ryma Mara
11-26-2006, 06:53 PM
I was looking at corbins site and hes got that "motor" looking thing that poduces the hum.

I was wandering about that is anyone uses it?

And one thing that bugs me....would it be "easy" to hae it all on one switch, or maybe ian thinking this wrong.