PDA

View Full Version : sound led vibration + flash

mrknify
07-21-2012, 07:44 AM
With the saber set up via the 2010 obi "circuit" using a pnp from the speaker to the led, would a pnp from the battery to the pnp from the speaker work for setting up the flash on clash as a speaker bypass...

or would it cause the sound to intermittently cut out.

Jedi Mynock
07-22-2012, 11:39 AM
could you draw a diagram in MS paint or something?
its confusing because from your description, it sounds like you want to use TWO pnp's, and one wired to the other??? im going cross-eyed trying to envision what you are describing.

so far im going to say "no". unless you show me something different with a drawing of your wiring.

DarkarNights
07-22-2012, 12:11 PM
Knify, sometimes you are harder to understand than Jar Jar Binks.

I believe what he's trying to achieve is a 2010 Obi Econo with the flicker effect setup and trying to figure out how to make it flash on clash activated by the speaker?...Actually I have no idea what he's trying do, the more I read it, the more confused I get.

mrknify
07-22-2012, 01:32 PM
ok, I do speak in abstracts,and I know I need to be a little more clear, soo.... :P

hope this clarifys... and maybe i just answered my question......

Jedi Mynock
07-22-2012, 02:57 PM
okay so how is it going to get clash input so it can flash the other die? i think you did answer your question lol

mrknify
07-22-2012, 03:11 PM
okay so how is it going to get clash input so it can flash the other die? i think you did answer your question lol

gears turning, i'm doing a new drawering(lols) this one a bit more technical....

DarkarNights
07-22-2012, 04:30 PM
I still can't figure out what the end goal is?

mrknify
07-22-2012, 06:49 PM
working on flash on clash, with the flickerimg effect of speaker setup

DarkarNights
07-22-2012, 07:20 PM
How about using a multi die LEDEngin with one set of dies wired in the normal configuration, which would react to the boards built in flash effect, and the other set of dies wired for the flicker effect? You'd be using 2 PNP transistors, but not connected together, just one for each die set. This is just a theory and I have no idea if it would work well or how it would look. I can't think of any other way to achieve both flicker and clash on the econo.

mrknify
07-22-2012, 07:24 PM
alright, this helps im going to look into some things on monday, i think this will be a great new way to mod the econo boards...

Jedi Mynock
07-23-2012, 10:19 AM
i think i know what you're trying to do. ever seen the "flash" effect of the econo boards? its uh... well its kinda sad. its not going to look much different even running pnp and fancy LED. still just going to go *on... off... on... off*
you'd be better off rigging the LED to an aux button so you can flash it yourself. oh! you could wire another clash sensor between the battery and pnp. that might actually work decently.

anyone try using a PEX with hasbro econo? lol mrknify just might be on to something here... maybe?

DarkarNights
07-23-2012, 01:10 PM
I actually have a dissected obi econo on the bench waiting to get rewired for my next build, I may have to do some breadboard experiments with some of these ideas.

Jedi Mynock
07-23-2012, 03:04 PM
i have a "possibly blown" obi that i might use if this goes anywhere... ; )
of course, that's only if its not blown. sound output mysteriously dropped to about 20% of normal output, but the blade is still just as bright (running off speaker output)

anyway, im curious to see where this leads! also makes me curious if PEX/clash sensor could work on MR and Nano Biscotti... heck just about any board to make a cheap Flash on Clash saber!

mrknify
07-23-2012, 05:01 PM
im going to experimemt with som older pnp, and regular leds.... i know this will work it just depends on the mix. At this time i've got both circuit images, i'm parralleing them, kinda like a ac/dc transformer works with diodes, but using the pnp and resisters.....

mrknify
07-23-2012, 09:52 PM
ok i've done some re-modeling of some images from here..... will be testing these out.. hope it works.

now I may need to bridge a capaciter somewhere in there, still working out the details.
i'm also thinking the speaker pnp will work better as a npn, connected to the pnp for control that way.

NOTE;
ok forgot about the double image of the battery, this setup will only work with 6 v, 7.4 etc...
(will not work with 3.7v)

Jedi Mynock
07-25-2012, 11:31 AM
first i dont know if you know or not, but you need a milti-die LED for FoC. moving on from that, i still odnt see what will actually TRIGGER the FoC? you have one PNP running off the sound, and one running off the LED (or... both to some degree???) the negative side of the LED output from the econo board should not even be used at all, AFAIK.
so pretty much its just going to power both dies on the main LED constantly. but wired to the board, it will shut OFF one die for a flicker, but that would be like a "DIM on clash" not "FLASH on clash".

can anyone give me a sanity check on this? agree? disagree? banana?

DarkarNights
07-25-2012, 03:41 PM
Banana. I agree, that diagram is like a rats nest and not the right approach to achieve the desired result.

mrknify
07-25-2012, 05:18 PM
its just how i figured it may work, I'm stuck right now, cannot work on it as i need got get a new multi meter... I do have some ideas on how to do the circuit but until I get another multimeter, I do not want to procedd.

DarkarNights
07-25-2012, 05:23 PM
I think Jedi Mynock is on the right track with using the PEX, I doubt you can get an usable FOC effect without it. And a multi die LED is a must.

mrknify
07-25-2012, 08:18 PM
I'm going to be putting the sound as primary, followed by the flash on clash as the secondary.

it will work, but not sure if it will work the way I want it on one die.

mrknify
07-28-2012, 10:27 PM
good news, i have some results.... bad news my batterys are dying.. lols.

with just a regular feed with low batteries, i noticed the led flicker with the sound. i can get both pnp's working but they are not the right ones so having issues with that.. i think they are npn's. so im waiting until i can get some 42's for a better test, goin to do some perf-boarding to see what i can get running....

Skottsaber
07-29-2012, 09:14 AM
There are add on boards that can accomplish this effect for you. A forum search may reveal more, or email me.

/mysterious

Jedi Mynock
07-30-2012, 12:05 PM
mrknify trust me when i tell you, in order to achieve Flash on Clash, you need to run a multi-die LED (like the ledengine available here at the store).
and yes, running the input from the sound will give you a slight flicker to your blade. this has been established. (its how i wired my obi econo last year, and i rather like the result!)
but again, i tell you, even if you figure out how to send voltage signal to FLASH the second die on your MULTI die LED, its not going to really FLASH. its just going to do the same thing the hasbro board does in the saber when you first take it out of the package. "ON - OFF - ON- OFF - ON"
you could seriously do better with a Power EXtender (also available here at the store) triggered by an additional clash sensor.

mrknify
07-30-2012, 04:08 PM
awesome, i have seen the power xtender, my next led i am getting will have multi die's, i'm just strapped right now... i understand about it being just on/off... but due to my budget i am using some old and recycled components right now and i may be stuck with them for the build, payday is tomorrow i hope to be able to get some much needed components but we will see.

thank you very much for the info, i did pay attention ;)

just going unbelieviably slow right now.