PDA

View Full Version : Totally new, seeking advice

GreySider
07-20-2012, 09:26 PM
Apart from choosing the aesthetics of hilt design, I want to build a saber with full lights and sound, and the most excellent quality of blade brightness and total package. I will assume a flexible budget. I would like a suggestion of parts for ease of use and overall quality. I would like to use a rechargeable system, and it would be convenient to charge the saber in-hilt. Any and all help would be appreciated. Also, can anyone recommend an up to date build tutorial? Thanks for all the help,

GreySider

madmaxx
07-21-2012, 12:13 AM
Howdy and welcome.ok I would start by Working out which sort of sound board you are going to use. Then look up schematics for it on this site. You should find a pretty good visual of how and what you will need from there. The same goes for in hilt battery systems. This site has almost everything you need to know in one diagram or another you just need to spend a little time looking. Enjoy this great hobby

Machinimax
07-21-2012, 12:31 PM
If you are looking into getting sound you have three options:

Basic - using a soundboard gutted from a plastic Hasbro lightsaber for the kids. $15-$25
Intermediate - using a sound board gutted from a Hasbro or Master Replicas Force FX lightsaber. $40-$60
Advanced - Plecter Labs Petit Crouton or Crystal Focus. $120 - $160

I would highly recommend going with one of the advanced options if you are looking for the best lights and sound, which is what I assume you mean by the total package. As far as wiring diagrams go there are manuals for these two soundboards which explain their wiring in great detail.

xl97
07-22-2012, 05:52 AM
start here:

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/mhsbuilder/mhsbuilder.php

pick your parts..

this will then help dictate the ROOM you have inside for all your internals.. (and will either expand or narrow your choices)

Ease of use.. the MWS system is a pre-wired soundboard with plug-n-play connectors for the switches, leds, battery pack..etc