PDA

View Full Version : First saber build on MR New Hope Graflix hilt.please help!..I need EVERYTHING!

zlobue
07-17-2012, 12:01 PM
..I bought a great looking MR New Hope Graflix force fx ..totally empty Hilt..im overwhelmed with what I need..anyone able to throw me some tips..im anxious to start

CGompertz09
07-17-2012, 12:59 PM
Here's a good place to start reading up on things in terms of doing MR conversions. http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/forumdisplay.php?15-MR-and-Hasbro-to-luxeon-3w-conversions

killbillcruz
07-17-2012, 01:01 PM
Not being a jerk but maybe try and return it. The Mr graflex a new hope is one saver that they dont make a kit for. You could find someone to make one put you would have to ship your saver to them to get it fitted. Small hassel. Best bet is getting a real 3 cell and buying the parts you need from tcss. Its a rewarding process. You may feel like Luke. May even get his Beiberrrr haircut!

Jedi Mynock
07-17-2012, 01:10 PM
for the love of pete its a SABER not saVer! (i was actually going to start a thread asking if that drives anyone crazy lol)

anyway back on topic...
this should help you some.
http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?13823-Luke-ANH-conversion-kit-helpful-suggestions

and mods maybe move this thread to the MR conversion section?

zlobue, please read the very top section of the forums, post an intro thread, and research like crazy. your answers are 99% likely to already be here if you just look for a bit.
WELCOME TO THE FORUMS! : )

killbillcruz
07-17-2012, 07:57 PM
My darn kindle thinks savers are lightsabers!

zlobue
07-17-2012, 10:31 PM
Ahhh...thanks, ill do just that. I know I may have bit off more than I could chew initially with this New Hope Graflix, but I have wanted this in my hands since the moment Old Ben pulled it from his dusty trunk...but the challenge of trying to make it work out from scratch is worth the time ..thanks for all the tips..could be a fun ride...

Jedi Mynock
07-18-2012, 02:23 PM
glad you are sticking with it. i've always wanted a graflEx saber, and i was even considering an MR. i got lucky and found an actual vintage graflEx in good shape for a fair ammount.

so what is your budget for this build? you going to put a Petit Crouton in there?

zlobue
07-19-2012, 11:59 PM
Hey mynock...my budget is pretty wide open..granted it will probably spread over a few months..( I still have to feed my children..so they say)..but $250-300..maybe a little more if its worth it..my sudo plan is a short blade, like 28 or 30"..and very btight..plus a blade that has that white core effect ( i like that a lot )..but the real kicker is possibly spending on a god soind board...again, im new at this so you might be laughing at what a noob I sound like..but I have a vision of what I want..any ideas or more tips..??..always appreciated

zlobue
07-20-2012, 12:02 AM
Im working on my Bieber and my whiny voice....meet you at the Toshi station

Jedi Mynock
07-25-2012, 10:41 AM
well if you are going $300ish, you could get a pre-wired Petit Crouton soundboard. that way you dont have to worry as much about messing up the board. make sure you order a 7.2v battery pack, and you might as well get a recharge port while you're at it. dont forget a speaker! maybe some extra JST connectors and some wire, incase you need to lengthen some connections.

as for the blade, i think just about any of them available here will give you a white core. i have a P4 blue LED in a budget saber and its plenty bright! using a 33" transwhite thin-wall 1" blade. would be even better if i put some film inside, but its good enough for a quick budget build. really i would just read up on blades to see what you want. my next one will be "corbin style", just because its the only one in the store i havent tried yet ; )

did you figure out how you are going to mount your optics and blade yet? i think thats your biggest hurdle. once you clear that, it should all be relatively easy to finish the saber. let us know how its going!