PDA

View Full Version : Something interesting going on with PC V2.0

Noyl Wendor
07-16-2012, 03:49 PM
Howdy all :)
Recently I had the chance to wire up a new PC 2.0. Wiring went over smooth, sound is good, power solution is 7.4 lit-ion inhilt recharge. So I'm golden. :) As I was doing testing (LED, sound, AUX and main switch and how to mount the PC inside the hilt) I had it sitting on the bench, with out the kill key in and the power off, it "beeped". At first I was not sure what it was so I waited about 5 min or so. Then it beeped again, another 5 min passed and did the same thing.
As it seems it does it in "timed" intervals. So I consulted the manual. I saw nothing notating a beeping noise would sound with a low battery, or any indication that a part was missing or the SD card was out (which it was/has been in the entire time).
This beep only seems to take place when the saber "idle" with out the kill plug in. It does not affect the operation of the board (works when the switch is on, and no beep when the saber is activated).
Any ideas? :)

JdKnight85
07-16-2012, 04:36 PM
Maybe erv programmed it to let us know if we frgot to put our kill plugs back in. But I also read the manual several times and I haven't seen this feature mentioned.

DarkarNights
07-16-2012, 07:21 PM
I've never experienced this behavior with my PC 2.0 and I've never heard of it happening before. When you pull the kill key does it give the cool boot up sound or just a simple beep? If it's just a simple beep on boot up then there's a missing or corrupted file on the SD.

Noyl Wendor
07-16-2012, 07:48 PM
I've never experienced this behavior with my PC 2.0 and I've never heard of it happening before. When you pull the kill key does it give the cool boot up sound or just a simple beep? If it's just a simple beep on boot up then there's a missing or corrupted file on the SD.
It boots just fine, gives the "normal" boot sound for the "lightmeat" set up. I went back and reread the manual, still I saw nothing mentioned.