PDA

View Full Version : looks like i have seen this some where

robt666
12-12-2005, 11:36 PM
just going around on ebay last night and found this. the pic looks like one i have seen before just can not put my finger on it....
(thecustomsabershop)[;)] http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5645886587

Strydur
12-13-2005, 12:31 AM
As long as they spread the word about my shop I could care less. What pisses me off is when they use my pictures and text and then dont even send the customers here for the parts and give them links to stores that dont even sell what they want.

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

xwingband
12-13-2005, 07:39 AM
I hate that guy. He's capitalizing on people who go to ebay and don't know any better. I bet since he's using your pics you have some recourse if you wanted to through ebay.

Strydur
12-13-2005, 09:08 AM
This particular guy actually did ask me if it was ok. These guys selling info on ebay that they could get for free elsewhere should not be frowned upon. I dont see how so many people can figure out how to use ebay but cant figure out how to do a google search.

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

xwingband
12-13-2005, 09:19 AM
Instant gratification I guess... they get the stuff e-mailed to them with no need to search. This is also why people ask questions here without reading. They'd rather have the answer handed to them than look it up on their own.

Nightwing
12-13-2005, 10:50 AM
He used pics of the MR FX sabers toward the bottom. Hey, if he's using the same tech as the CSS, then that's cool to show pics of the EL blades, but those pics are of MR FX sabers!

GeluKhanGharr
12-13-2005, 12:23 PM
I was one of the idiots to chuck up 4 bucks for info on eBay. That's how I first heard of EL. However, the moron was suggesting one single thread of EL inside a sanded plastic tube, the kind you buy at aquarium stores. When I wrote him that my results were nowhere near the brightness shown in his pictures, he got rude. BTW, the pictures showed a Parks blade. Anyway, the way I look at it, that was not too much to pay for a starting point. Yes, you can Google, but you also need to know what you're searching. A simple "lightsaber" search returns all the retailers, but you have to dig really deep to get to the good stuff.

Born of Sith, seduced by the light side.
http://www.saloncatalina.com/images/signature.jpg

Strydur
12-13-2005, 02:41 PM
And thats why I dont mind..eventually they will find thier way here.

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

xwingband
12-13-2005, 02:56 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> And thats why I dont mind..eventually they will find thier way here.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Or at least some place better than an aquarium store...[:D][:p]

GeluKhanGharr
12-13-2005, 03:05 PM
My trip:
eBay info -> google EL -> found Loreen's tuttorial -> Strydur -> * the custom saber shop * Tada!

Born of Sith, seduced by the light.
http://www.saloncatalina.com/images/signature.jpg

Stan Johnson
12-14-2005, 09:10 AM
I seriously spent at least a month researching "how to build a lightsaber" on google before finding this place.

xwingband
12-14-2005, 09:34 AM
Well, the store is relativly new so no suprises there. There aren't too many other EL or LED stores out there either. It's been mostly a low key thing us nerdy people did until MR started making them.

<center>http://www.dewbackwing.com/dewbacks/files/pinupbanner.jpg
www.dewbackwing.com</center>

LAN-ED-TUL
12-14-2005, 12:44 PM
i honestly cant remember how i found tim's site in the first place. but, i am sure as heck glad i did. i would of never of known of this luxeon stuff. and now i have completed(with the exception of just a needed thumbscrew) my first darth vader ANH luxeon red/orange lightsaber. i built this from a real heiland synchronar, that i had a blast-tech conversion kit on. and thanks to tim. who machined a led holder down for a heiland. i will get pics but it might be awhile. i dont have a camera.

informalmyx
12-14-2005, 01:04 PM
xwing i found this the site using the dewbackwing site

<center>http://home.earthlink.net/~myxmyth/infomyx.jpg
"Many claim to have found serenity, and through serenity to have overcome anger. Such arrogance is astounding."</center>

xwingband
12-14-2005, 01:05 PM
Cool. Did you get a heiland with the milled or hex cap? I have a hex capped one that I got for $30 which I consider a steal for the condition it was in. Are you looking to do a yoda next too? (Yeah, I spend too much time on ebay and noticed your unique name trying to get that bolsey flash[:p])

xwingband
12-14-2005, 01:13 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> xwing i found this the site using the dewbackwing site
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Cool, I'm Hack on the RP side. I do post on ASAP but not nearly as much as I have here and I've been there for quite a while.[:p] There's a lot more already there here I can help out a lot more.

LAN-ED-TUL
12-15-2005, 12:06 PM
xwing, yeah the one i have has the hex cap. look in the post your pics section i posted the hilt pics along with lit up blade pics. and i was tryin to get a bolsey or a praco, but i dont really need one all that bad. i did find a flash last year that looks almost exactly like it. i bought it and made it into a yoda. the only thing i dont have is the lambo wheel emmiter on it. i made a midband out of pvc and used super sculpey to fashion a oil pump shaped part and made the switch thing on the side. its close but not exact.

Jedi-Loreen
12-19-2005, 03:32 AM
<font size="3"><font color="purple">Wow, I've been Googled! [:D] lol </font id="purple"> </font id="size3"> [;)]

In order to see the Light, you must sometimes risk the Dark.

GFORCE13
12-19-2005, 05:30 AM
You are also on E-Bay, I hate to admit it[:I] but I didn't know any better and no one in my Group(Lining Up.Net) knew how, and I already had a MR Show Blade but wanted to build a set fightable ones. So I did it paid my $9.00 for one of those E-Books and you are listed as a link to building blades.

May the Force
Be with You

Marc E.

informalmyx
12-19-2005, 06:55 AM
woot i am on both google and yahoo and on yahoo i am on on this site too

"Many claim to have found serenity, and through serenity to have overcome anger. Such arrogance is astounding."</center>

Jedi-Loreen
12-19-2005, 01:10 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by GFORCE13

You are also on E-Bay, I hate to admit it[:I] but I didn't know any better and no one in my Group(Lining Up.Net) knew how, and I already had a MR Show Blade but wanted to build a set fightable ones. So I did it paid my $9.00 for one of those E-Books and you are listed as a link to building blades.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

<font size="3"><font color="purple">Yeah, I had heard that. I feel like writing to these people and asking if they have any conscience, selling free information to people like they are. I guess they are taking advantage of the clueless and lazy. [:(!]

I imagine Tim's photo tutorials are out there now, too. </font id="purple"> </font id="size3">
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by informalmyx
woot i am on both google and yahoo and on yahoo i am on on this site too <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

<font size="3"><font color="purple">Huh? [?] I don't really understand a lot of your posts. Especially since you can't be bothered to use punctuation or capitalization. </font id="purple"> </font id="size3"> [xx(]

In order to see the Light, you must sometimes risk the Dark.

informalmyx
12-19-2005, 02:24 PM
Sorry, Master Loreen, most of the time when I post I am a zombie due to work . That is why my post are messed up. What I said translates to "I used the Google search engine and the Yahoo search engine to look up my name InformalMyx and found i was the only InformalMyx on both search engines. While on Yahoo one of the items it found was a reference to this forum when I wrote a review on one of Master Strydur's products."

Mur-Pa DiLos
12-25-2005, 04:47 AM
I know how you guys feel. I'm just glad for once I'm not the one who fell on my face (like I usually do). It took me about six months of searching to finally find this site. "Yellow Box" is a big help and showed me it was possible, but TCCS showed me not only it is possible but easy and affordable too. (Not some $600 for a custom lightsaber) I think this is great, and thanks to all you guys with these posts "lighting" the way for me.

Luke-SkyMarcher
01-16-2006, 08:26 PM
he he that's how I found my way to el, too. a guy on ebay was advertising "18 different lightsaber designes with real glowing blades" what I got was 18 links (8 of them from big yellow box) and a link to loreen's el tutorial. Now, I have completed six and am working on two more in my spare time. Just because I happened to be "window shopping" on ebay for lightsabers one day...

Matboy
08-08-2007, 07:55 PM
I think I found my way here through something you wrote on another site Loreen. It took me ages to find this place too, I'm glad I have now though! Awesome site, to bad your all in the USA though!

Barmic Rin
08-09-2007, 12:03 AM
There's at least one other Ozzie on here. I think he's from Perth though.
See if you can find him on the map.

pockets
08-09-2007, 05:58 AM
i actually found this site while reading loreens 1000 page long EL blade tutorial thread

Jedi-Loreen
08-09-2007, 03:38 PM
It's not a thousand pages! :shock: Even the whole thread isn't that long. lol :P

When I Google my name, board name, or real name, one of the things it comes up with is my EL blade tutorial that I did for TF.N 4 years ago. Which I put out there for people to use for free. :roll:

I still get emails from people from time to time about it. Asking where they can get some of the parts, since some of my old links don't work anymore.

I send them here! Where they can get everything in one place and not have to pay shipping for every seperate thing, like I did, back then. One-stop-shopping now, yay! :D

Firebird21
08-09-2007, 03:47 PM
:Cough: :Cough:

Damn! Who blew the dust off this one!

Of course it took me until the 7th-8th post to realize it was 2 years old! :roll:

Jedi-Loreen
08-09-2007, 04:31 PM
The new Aussie guy did it, blame him! :lol:

I had to comment, because my name was mentioned. :P

pockets
08-09-2007, 05:02 PM
J Lo you're a legend in the EL saber world.

unfortunately the EL saber world is 2 years behind

Jedi-Loreen
08-09-2007, 05:44 PM
Thanks.
I even used to have my own fans, which is kind of weird. :shock:

Even though I have 5 EL sabers I never do anything with them now, except loan one out to someone who doesn't have any kind of light up saber, if they are doing some choreography with my lightsaber group for an event. And they really pale (or dim :P ) in comparision with the LED sabers that those of us in the group have.

They are mostly just part of my collection, now.

pockets
08-09-2007, 05:57 PM
Thanks.
I even used to have my own fans, which is kind of weird. :shock:

Even though I have 5 EL sabers I never do anything with them now, except loan one out to someone who doesn't have any kind of light up saber, if they are doing some choreography with my lightsaber group for an event. And they really pale (or dim :P ) in comparision with the LED sabers that those of us in the group have.

They are mostly just part of my collection, now.

so are the 2 i built using your tutorial haha

Jedi-Loreen
08-09-2007, 06:17 PM
I have 2 Parks, the M2 and the Fusion, another one made by some friends, and I built 2, one is a lightdagger that holds 20" 5/8" diameter blades, purposely made so it won't hold regular sized saber blades. :P

Marsupial
08-13-2007, 09:01 AM
I'm going backward... :lol:

while everyone was making EL sabers 2 years ago, I was pushing to use LED.

now that everyone uses LED, I am making an EL one :D

ok, I want a nightlight saber for decoration so EL is well-suited with lower light conditions and no chances to overheat overnight while being powered by a wall-wart.

Plus I want an EL saber in my collection. I might try to get a plasma as well someday.

I think I remember trying to convince Loreen to try LED over TJA's website a while back.

Barmic Rin
08-14-2007, 09:06 AM
I still can't get over the concept of J-lo's Groupies!!!!!!
Did they crowd outside your house with placcards saying "J-lo, Queen of EL!!!"?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, I think I may have read your guide at some point.

xwingband
08-14-2007, 10:04 AM
lol, most of you weren't around where she got the nickname too. She used her full persona name at ASAP and we shortened it to JLo because it was easier than Jedi Lorren Shadowcaster (Shadowchaser maybe?).

Marsupial
08-14-2007, 10:19 AM
Unless I'm mistaken, Shadowchaser it is (was?).

The first time I saw "J-Lo" (as opposed to the versions we're used to see on ASAP, TJA, ETC) was here on TCSS. I found it funny.

Jedi-Loreen
08-14-2007, 02:12 PM
If I was Darkside, then Shadowcaster would work better. lol

I don't look like Jennifer Lopez, but I didn't mind the, sort of, reference (homage?) to her, since I'm sure some people think about that when they see my nickname.

And my "Fans" didn't know me as J-Lo, but as Jedi Loreen, or Jedi Loreen Shadowchaser, depending on which message board they knew me from.

Eandori
08-17-2007, 04:41 PM
I found these boards after random searches trying to figure out how to build custom lightsabers. I started with buying a few master replicas, and found the ForceFX website. Later I wanted something more high end, so I nearly bought a Parks, and looked around Ebay, then eventually landed here on these forums. From that point on I've been here reading, buying and building.

Lord Maul
08-17-2007, 04:44 PM
I found this site from a link on FX-Sabers. I soon joined and went a wee bit overboard with my posting, until i realized everyone didn't really like that :lol:

Jedi-Loreen
08-17-2007, 06:53 PM
I knew about this site before Tim started the message boards. He chatted with me on Yahoo Messenger, and we talked about the kind of stuff that people might want in the store.

Ambo
08-18-2007, 06:35 AM
I got here from Corbin's old site.

Barmic Rin
08-18-2007, 09:08 AM
...and went a wee bit overboard with my posting, until i realized everyone didn't really like that :lol:
THE BOY HAS LEARNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

{HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!}

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JK Maul!

I googled onto here after getting bored with Lightech's lack of replies to Email during my EL days.
Back before MHS was a twinkle in Tim's eye..... They were simple days.
Simple sabers, simple effects, simple on my Wallet! :P

vortextwist
08-18-2007, 09:55 AM
i googled how to make a lightsaber and stumbled upon tims site. Oh I had more money then. lol 8)

goldsaberwarrior
08-18-2007, 12:30 PM
I think I found an ebay auction one of you had before the forums even existed. Whoever it was talked a small bit about TCSS and it led me here. Shortly later I registered for the forums and here I am now.

Orthus
08-28-2010, 01:02 PM
I started building a saber (http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?p=100484#post100484) and spent about four months sourcing everything direct from vendors:

poly tube from U.S. Plastics in Ohio (which I hand sanded on the inside)
heatsinks from Avid Thermalloy in New Hampshire
3 Luxeon K2's, a BuckPuck, and optics from Philips-Lumileds in Montreal
bare stars for the K2's from a very nice guy in Taiwan (free!)
bunches of plumbing parts from Habitat for Humanity clearance store
bunches of hardware from Ace
a Hasbro force unleashed from Target
copper craft wire from Jo-Anns
electrical parts from RatShack

Finally, one day I was googling for a rounded end for my poly tube and I saw the light...er, link to Tim's place...right here in Washington state!

So much time wasted before finding TCSS...sooo much :oops:

Lord Maul
08-28-2010, 02:24 PM
Ummm....why did you revive this 3 year old thread...?

Matt Thorn
08-28-2010, 05:19 PM
Ummm....why did you revive this 3 year old thread...?
I suspect alcohol may have been involved. :p

All the more reason to tuck the electroluminescence forums away somewhere less conspicuous? ;)

Jedi-Loreen
08-29-2010, 03:09 AM
What the heck? :confused:

His post isn't even about EL sabers. And his link leads to a build that he did 2 years ago.

Orthus
09-15-2010, 08:29 PM
Okay, maybe one martini :rolleyes: And one forum search. I hit the end of this thread that "looked" like a "How did you come to shop at Tim's store" thread. I failed to read both the thread name and the date of the last posting. I eagerly posted how I found TCSS and didn't look back until tonight. My bad.