PDA

View Full Version : PC V2.0 issues. Please help!

CGompertz09
07-10-2012, 12:34 PM
Today I was figuring out ways to fit everything within my hilt. Before I even did so, I hooked everything up to the PC and fired it up. It ran for a few seconds, and then just started buzzing. I tried disconnecting the power and tried again. As soon as the power is hooked up, it just buzzes. Help please! I have no clue what could be wrong!

Evilpancreas
07-10-2012, 12:51 PM
I had a similiar issue with a cheap soundcard, though it might be a totally different problem. I would check EVERY single solder point on everything and make sure you have a proper connection to the battery pack. If all else fails you can just rewire the entire board with new wire.

CGompertz09
07-10-2012, 12:59 PM
After surviving my mini heart attack over the thought that my $150 soundboard i just got yesterday might be fried. I unhooked everything and checked solder points. No issues that I could see. After some quick online research I popped out the soundcard and put it in my computer.... card corrupted and unreadable!...How, I have no clue... Luckily I had all the soundfont files copied on my computer and had a spare SD card from an old cell phone. Copied all to my spare card and hooked the PC back up, and all works again! Whew! Now excuse me while I go pass out from the adrenaline wearing off... Thanks for the tip EvilPancreas!

Lord Dottore Matto
07-10-2012, 01:00 PM
Pictures are always helpful ;)

CGompertz09
07-10-2012, 01:06 PM
Pictures are always helpful ;)

I would've, but I didn't know what the problem was. haha. All good now though!

Lord Dottore Matto
07-10-2012, 01:50 PM
I would've, but I didn't know what the problem was. haha. All good now though!

I meant, pictures of the electronics set-up and board would help us to help you ;) Glad you got it sorted.

DarkarNights
07-10-2012, 02:12 PM
This happened to me with my Light Meat SD card too, I don't know why it happened either because it was working fine, and then it wasn't. Only difference is when mine did it, it would ignite give me like 3 swings and then start buzzing. Luckily I had backed up all the files, so I just reformatted the card and reinstalled the files and it was good as new.

CGompertz09
07-10-2012, 02:48 PM
This happened to me with my Light Meat SD card too, I don't know why it happened either because it was working fine, and then it wasn't. Only difference is when mine did it, it would ignite give me like 3 swings and then start buzzing. Luckily I had backed up all the files, so I just reformatted the card and reinstalled the files and it was good as new.

Hmm, I'll have to try re-formating it. I was glad I had a spare card at least.

I meant, pictures of the electronics set-up and board would help us to help you ;) Glad you got it sorted.

Ah, gotcha. Well I would hope the soldering/wiring set up wouldn't be the issue, as it's the pre-wired version so I paid extra for it. haha. Hopefully no more issues come up.

Evilpancreas
07-10-2012, 07:26 PM
Good luck. I expect a video or some pics of the fully working saber when its done.

CGompertz09
07-10-2012, 09:42 PM
Good luck. I expect a video or some pics of the fully working saber when its done.

Here's the build log: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?13184-CG-s-first-saber-quot-Claimh-Solais-quot&highlight=solais
The only thing left I need is the P4 Blue LED module, which is currently out of stock.... and to modify my chassis a little. I'll post some more soonish hopefully!

Lord Dottore Matto
07-10-2012, 09:46 PM
Yeah, one thing that is verry common is that the SD cards become/are defective. I get about 1/5 of them that I have to chuck into the trash. If you don't have the lightmeat font, we can get it to you.

CGompertz09
07-10-2012, 09:59 PM
Yeah, one thing that is verry common is that the SD cards become/are defective. I get about 1/5 of them that I have to chuck into the trash. If you don't have the lightmeat font, we can get it to you.

I still have the font. Luckily I had just copied the files to my computer this morning before the card went bad and just transferred them to my spare card. Thanks though!