PDA

View Full Version : Black aux switch issues.

CGompertz09
07-09-2012, 05:04 PM
My electronics came in the mail today, so i got to work in setting everything up (minus the LED, P4 Blue still out of stock...). everything went as planned, board booted up and ignited with no problems. However, the aux switch does not work. I purchased this one http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Black-momentary-switch-P558.aspx I thought at first I wired it backwards, though i didnt think +/- mattered on the switches, and still nothing. I attached the main AV switch to the aux wires, ignited it by simply touching wires together, and the AV switch triggers the effects just fine. Any one else have issues with this type of switch? Any advice?

Forgetful Jedi Knight
07-09-2012, 05:33 PM
What were you trying to do with the switch? How did you have it wired?

Kevin Starwaster
07-09-2012, 05:36 PM
My electronics came in the mail today, so i got to work in setting everything up (minus the LED, P4 Blue still out of stock...). everything went as planned, board booted up and ignited with no problems. However, the aux switch does not work. I purchased this one http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Black-momentary-switch-P558.aspx I thought at first I wired it backwards, though i didnt think +/- mattered on the switches, and still nothing. I attached the main AV switch to the aux wires, ignited it by simply touching wires together, and the AV switch triggers the effects just fine. Any one else have issues with this type of switch? Any advice?

As you say, polarity on that switch doesn't matter. Maybe the switch you got was defective. Do you have a multimeter? Did you try testing the switch?

CGompertz09
07-09-2012, 05:41 PM
1. It's being used as the aux switch to trigger effects, and it is wired via the PC Pre-wired JST connectors.

2. That's what I'm thinking. I do not have a multimeter unfortunately. :/ I might just order another when one I order the LED module.

CGompertz09
07-09-2012, 07:15 PM
Double post, but luckily for me the Radio Shack down the road had momentary switches almost identical to the ones TCSS sells. And they came in a two pack, so I have a spare. Got home, hooked it up, works perfectly! Now, just waiting to be able to order the main LED!