PDA

View Full Version : Measurments for a blade holder?

mastervex
07-07-2012, 09:37 PM
Hey guys, I'm new to the whole saber building thing but I wanted to machine my own hilt. I've looked around and couldn't find this info anywhere. Does anyone know the exact measurements for a blade holder. I'm talking the inner diameter because I don't want the LED to fall out. So basically what diameter should it be to hold the heatsink without it falling? Thanks!
-Mastervex

mrknify
07-07-2012, 10:35 PM
one of the more experienced members will be here shortly to assist you.

mrknify
07-07-2012, 10:39 PM
my tablet is pissing me off again.

DarkarNights
07-08-2012, 12:52 AM
Ok, ignore mrknify, he's making even less sense than usual. Seeing as this forum is sponsored by TCSS, the owner would probably not appreciate anyone giving out the exact specs of his products in an effort to avoid purchasing said products, so you may have trouble getting that question answered. You may end up having to just measure the heatsink when you have it in hand to get the exact measurement.

Arryck Corso
07-08-2012, 08:12 AM
If you're planning on doing your own machine work why not just pick up either MHS blank holder style 1 or style 2 from the store (or any other for that matter) and just modify it. Tim came up with these for that exact reason. That's what I do to get a one off blade holder. Trust me....there is enough metal on the blade holders Tim all ready sells to come up with just about anything. The only limit is someone's imagination.

DarkarNights
07-08-2012, 10:59 AM
Excellent suggestion Arryck, I forgot about those blank holders in the store. Yes that would be the best option for you Vex, because all the inner machining is already done and you can machine the outside however you want.

mastervex
07-08-2012, 08:43 PM
Ok, Thanks for the advice everyone!