PDA

View Full Version : my shame... nothing dirty it is saber related

thejedilestat
06-30-2012, 06:56 AM

ok so what you are looking at is my Custom MHS Lightsaber i know you know its a lightsaber but still... any who i am 100 % in what i need to do to finish this saber. what i find i lack is the focus when i cut and grind the chassie disc it takes 10/14min per disc so i have not ben in the mood to do it. i have made several attemps to start soldering the sound board(US2.5) but when i do i find myself playing with parts for other projects so i dont even turn on the soldering iorn. i did how ever take a crystal to the bench grinder so i didnt have to use the cheep plastic crystal in the photo but i got about 80% finished and i chiped the crystal. the reasion i grinded the crystal was to make a point one the flater end and also to grind the outside of the crystal so it would have the look of a clear blade sanded down. i was only doing it cuz i could and i have more crystals them i am proud of but still watching the crystal chip kinda hurt my soul so im just gonna use the plastic one.

the next thing is i have the means to make the sound board,battery,speaker slide out of the saber and i know of at least 5 diffrent ways i want to do it but again i tend to wonder away from the job at hand. this saber is by no means a hard build but my mind is making it feel that way and i am going crazy with my thoughts and the thought of the 3 other sabers i have to finish(all mine) only one of the 3 other sabers is a HARD build the other 2 are going to be easy to do. one is just adding leds to the controll box of my MRFX ROTJ Luke and the other is a chassie for a stunt saber and again i am going crazy.

im not asking for help im just venting so just forget you read this and um... hey look over there a cute kitty cat

mrknify
06-30-2012, 08:19 AM

i lack focus....

and again i am going crazy....

find your center of your disc, stick it on a drill and drill/ sand paper it. easy quick fix.

Evilpancreas
06-30-2012, 02:47 PM
I don't mind taking the project off of your hands man.

DarkarNights
06-30-2012, 03:39 PM
Is it the fear of soldering that is holding you back?

thejedilestat
06-30-2012, 05:54 PM
Is it the fear of soldering that is holding you back?

No I can build sabers just fine soldering is easy but I'm just in a funky mind set as of late

Evil I bet you would want to take it :) don't worry I will finih it... I just don't know how long it's gonna take hahaha

Mrknify I was thinking the same thing but I was going to drill the center out and slide a nut and bolt on it and put them on my drill press and then sand them. Only problem is my drill press is on the flore so I don't feel like kneeling or sitting on the ground.

madmaxx
06-30-2012, 11:00 PM
It's a long shot but have you tried hitting some more cows?

madmaxx
06-30-2012, 11:02 PM
It may get your project. ........... Mooving

thejedilestat
07-01-2012, 02:10 AM
Hahaha yea no cow bashing today but I have found 2 hard drive metal rings for this saber :)

And they need verry little work to get them to fit... so with them 2 and the 3 I already have I'm set and just have to add the rods and the connectors so woot woot :)