PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Chamber ideas

Kael-Duvar Hawkens
06-29-2012, 11:25 PM
Hi I am looking for an effective simplistic looking crystal chamber design, using a small LED and a quartz crystal. I have seen several such as http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?13958-Slothfurnace-s-ANH-Obi-Reveal/page5&highlight=Crystal+Chamber, I've been attempting to design something but have had a tough time making something that looked good, and flowed with my lightsaber, which i will post pics of the idea when i can. Please help!!!!!!!

thejedilestat
06-30-2012, 02:19 AM
Crystal Chambers are pretty much a saber by saber thing, depending on the persions skill,tools,sound board, battery,Ect Ect,

at the moment i have 3 sabers with crystal chambers im working on and all 3 will be verry diffrent not in terms of style/flow but how i can make it work with my tools and skill. both are not as good as i would like but we all have to start some wear so a simple and not too good looking crystal chamber is what i will end up with. even though i wish i could blink and have sloth do it all for me :)

Vlad Doon
07-02-2012, 03:42 AM
As thejedilestat says, the room in your hilt, the electronics, and the way you want them to be located are important. If you plan to have a simple crystal chamber with only a crystal, I'd go for the chassis parts in the store, with at least two metal or acrylic disks, 2 all thread sections, 2 tubes for the overlay , hex nuts and you'll want a couple of extra tubes or spacers to hide the passing LED wires, you can make simple but cool chamber..
If you plan a static crystal chamber like windowed hilts, it'll do the trick, but if you want something like sloth 's revealed chambers, you'll have to make a longer chassis, to make the whole thing more rigid and solid each time you unscrew and "reveal" the chamber. In this case, build the chassis not only for the chamber but also for the hidden electronics (acrylic disc are awesome for that) Depending on your crystal size, you'll have to find a crystal holder on your own.... But imagination is the only limit

Slothfurnace's revealed chambers are very inspiring, he's one of the best in this "art". But when us, simple mortals want to do the same, it's....quite different :(. You'll need to have some solid tools as well if you want to build such a chamber from "raw" materials...

DarkarNights
07-02-2012, 03:05 PM
Trying to emulate Sloth on your first crystal chamber would probably drive you insane, he's the best. Set the bar lower and you will end up much happier with the outcome. There's many examples to find in the Gallery and A to Z Build sections.